Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the MOCGB - New here ?

MOCGB Paid Member
    Real Name
    Jamie coupland

new owner

hi there, just purchased myself a 1966 ford mustang coupe. 289 4.7V8 auto. just wanted to share with IMG-20170218-WA0000[1].jpgyou all.

Real Name
    chris

67 mustang

Hi
    I am a new member, I have a 1967 mustang 4.7 ltr auto in renovation at the moment. had the engine rebuilt at drakes in Bradford, and a repaint by Dave bowers of Halifax done a great job.

Regards
    Chrismustang.jpg

Real Name
    chris

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Coup1988 View Post
    hi there, just purchased myself a 1966 ford mustang coupe. 289 4.7V8 auto. just wanted to share with IMG-20170218-WA0000[1].jpgyou all.
    looks a nice car any work to be done on it,

Real Name
    Robin Simpson
    Mocgb No

Aylesbury Mustang GT V5.OGT

After nearly a year of ownership, finally got round to my first post. Picked up my Magnetic Grey 2016 GT with factory black stripes from Basildon Ford last April. Already had a Magnaflow system to go on but have since changed this to a Borla system. A few other small mods done, currently dressing up engine bay. Determined to get to more meets and shows this year, only showed at Sandown last year. Up for any meets in Buckinghamshire and any drives. Robin

Real Name
    Christian

Hi guys. New to the club hoping to pick ya brains a little.

20170308_153914.jpg

She looks shinny and new in the picture but she needs a lot of work.

Im only 26 but I'm in love with this car.

Firstly would like to ask the best places to purchase parts in the uk.

Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodamac View Post
    20170308_153914.jpg

She looks shinny and new in the picture but she needs a lot of work.

Im only 26 but I'm in love with this car.

Firstly would like to ask the best places to purchase parts in the uk.
    Welcome to the forum, nice looking car but you missed a bit on the front bumper when you were cleaning it LOL!
    MustangManaic are a good company to deal with over here, its also very easy and usually cheaper to buy from Rockauto in America.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Real Name
    a.

66 Mustang Manual in London

Stang NW11.jpgStang O-S.jpgHello everyone

Have ended up restoring a '66 Mustang convertible 289 Manual , bought on impulse off a US trader ( not Ebay ), car got here and all was not well, rotten underneath. 2 years and serious dough later, car is reborn, all new metal underneath, quality respray , new carpets, hood , loads more, engine was the only good bit, throaty crate replacement just before I bought it with the Holley 4 barrel, it is sharp and muscular. Once I work out how to upload a pic, I will

Got a query ; Decided after the restoration to upgrade the brakes to power, as they are too slow to stop the car, which is harder than you think with a manual transmission, a couple of companies make a servo cylinder , and I duly shipped one in made by Scott Drake. Trouble is, restorers showed me it does not fit , the Yanks say it does ( if I bash in the shock tower , which I am not prepared to do - why vandalise your own car ? ) the Yanks said before buying that we ' may have to notch the stock brace ' , which I was ok with, in the event our brace is an upgraded one and IS NOT in the way, but I am not prepared to ' bash ' new metal to accommodate the servo powered cylinder. I asked the Yanks to show me a video / instructions ' how this fits , but they can't provide these. I waited a good 3 months to ship it over and paid about £450 with shipping , and now I still have slow brakes ( I had a front wheel disc conversion at same time as restoration ). I will have a labour bill of about £350 for their pfaffing about

Obviously I want to be put back in the same position as I was before shipping it - how can I pressure them , I know I can start slagging them off via Twitter etc, but this is nasty and vindictive

Constructive comments only please !

amir, London
    Last edited by cyberprop; 20-03-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprop View Post
    Stang NW11.jpgStang O-S.jpgHello everyone

Have ended up restoring a '66 Mustang convertible 289 Manual , bought on impulse off a US trader ( not Ebay ), car got here and all was not well, rotten underneath. 2 years and serious dough later, car is reborn, all new metal underneath, quality respray , new carpets, hood , loads more, engine was the only good bit, throaty crate replacement just before I bought it with the Holley 4 barrel, it is sharp and muscular. Once I work out how to upload a pic, I will

Got a query ; Decided after the restoration to upgrade the brakes to power, as they are too slow to stop the car, which is harder than you think with a manual transmission, a couple of companies make a servo cylinder , and I duly shipped one in made by Scott Drake. Trouble is, restorers showed me it does not fit , the Yanks say it does ( if I bash in the shock tower , which I am not prepared to do - why vandalise your own car ? ) the Yanks said before buying that we ' may have to notch the stock brace ' , which I was ok with, in the event our brace is an upgraded one and IS NOT in the way, but I am not prepared to ' bash ' new metal to accommodate the servo powered cylinder. I asked the Yanks to show me a video / instructions ' how this fits , but they can't provide these. I waited a good 3 months to ship it over and paid about £450 with shipping , and now I still have slow brakes ( I had a front wheel disc conversion at same time as restoration ). I will have a labour bill of about £350 for their pfaffing about

Obviously I want to be put back in the same position as I was before shipping it - how can I pressure them , I know I can start slagging them off via Twitter etc, but this is nasty and vindictive

Constructive comments only please !

amir, London
    Welcome. With hindsight what you should have done was come on here first and ask the questions before spending your money. With regards to getting your money back you will probably have to put it down to experience I'm afraid. Sorry but you did ask.
    Anyway, post your questions in the technical section and I'm sure someone can help you solve your problems.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Real Name
    Ian Marshall

Awaiting my first mustang

I've been looking at a 2007 roush mustang on eBay, without sounding stupid but how can I tell if it's a proper roush, it's got the markings on the seat and the sticker on the door, are they supercharged?

Real Name
    Gary

1st generation fastback

Hi, I don’t yet own a Mustang but hope to soon ! Me and my brother a looking to purchases a 1st generation 1967/8 Fastback (ideally manual) for restoration – we’ve looked at a few (including in Belgium and Holland) and they’re either already done and expensive or require lots of new panels, chassis rot etc. – does anyone have any guidance on what to look for and how much we should expect to pay ? Also is it worth a trip to the states (or not worthwhile as £<>$ not great) – are there likely to be options there ?

How difficult is it to convert from auto to manual ?

Any advice or help appreciated.

Real Name
    Kevin
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySkuce View Post
    Hi, I don’t yet own a Mustang but hope to soon ! Me and my brother a looking to purchases a 1st generation 1967/8 Fastback (ideally manual) for restoration – we’ve looked at a few (including in Belgium and Holland) and they’re either already done and expensive or require lots of new panels, chassis rot etc. – does anyone have any guidance on what to look for and how much we should expect to pay ? Also is it worth a trip to the states (or not worthwhile as £<>$ not great) – are there likely to be options there ?

How difficult is it to convert from auto to manual ?

Any advice or help appreciated.
    something like this? http://www.classicamericancarsales.c...tback-project/

Try speaking to some of the dealers they may have something in that they haven't started on yet. Peter & Ron at Classic American Car Sales, Mustang Maniac and a few others on here.

Peter @ Classic American Cars has just got a plane to the US looking for new stock so may be able to look for you while out there?

Real Name
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by kev_croombs2 View Post
    something like this? http://www.classicamericancarsales.c...tback-project/

Try speaking to some of the dealers they may have something in that they haven't started on yet. Peter & Ron at Classic American Car Sales, Mustang Maniac and a few others on here.

Peter @ Classic American Cars has just got a plane to the US looking for new stock so may be able to look for you while out there?
    That's great and we have been following up with Peter, thanks for the info

Real Name
    Richard

1st time owner

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. New to the whole posting on forums. Loved mustangs since I was a little boy, 67 fastback as with most. I turn 40 this year and have just taken delivery two weeks ago of my 2017 5.0 Mustang gt.
    I will try and find the area to post pictures.
    Absolutely love her, 1000mile service booked for this weekend.

Richard

Real Name
    Brian

New Guy

Hello everyone,
    i am Brian, based near Oxted Surrey and now the proud owner of a Gold 68 coupe in pretty decent condition. However I need to sort out a few issues before i can take her out with a smile on my face. Any advice to solve this would be greatly appreciated.
    First is that there is a problem with rattling front disc brakes. Has anyone fitted a Heidt conversion kit and can tell me what the anti rattle clips look like on the setup. A photo would be great. The caliper is guided by a steel C plate that bolts onto the hub casting. The brake pad on the piston side floats around unrestrained. The supplier of the kit in the UK does not carry the spares and Heidt in the USA are no help at all ignoring my emails.
    Thanks all. Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Neil
    Mocgb No

New Owner

Hi all! I am a new owner and just received my white convertible GT after ordering it back in June 2016. I have completed the first running in 1000 miles and am enjoying driving it. Over the decades (I am now 67) I have had a few yanks, Chevrolet Impala, '57 Mercury and a Corvette (which I did 155,000 miles in) and enjoyed them all. I am retiring very soon and thought that the Mustang GT would be a suitable pensioners car. I have made new "friends" at the local garages, as I now see them on a regular basis, and I hope that the governmrnt does not spend all that extra tax & Duty revenue that I am giving them on hand outs to those that have paid nothing into our systems. I am intending to go on Mustang meets and make the Mustang a bit of a hobby.