Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revology - Mustang Replica

Real Name
    Paul
    Newbury, Berkshire (Berkshire Area Secretary)
    Mocgb No

Revology - Mustang Replica

http://www.revologycars.com/the-cars/overview/

World's first Mustang replica?

I guess this is a result of the sticky situation the evolves from using a Dynacorn body without an oringal car to work from or, more importantly, an original VIN.

Restomods are nothings new, of course, but what do you think to these? Does it matter if none of the car was originally built by Ford? Is it still a Mustang? The term replica will likely turn many people off, but I like what they've done here.

How would one go about registering one over here? What are your thoughts?

MOCGB Paid Member
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Turbo View Post
    http://www.revologycars.com/the-cars/overview/

World's first Mustang replica?

I guess this is a result of the sticky situation the evolves from using a Dynacorn body without an oringal car to work from or, more importantly, an original VIN.

Restomods are nothings new, of course, but what do you think to these? Does it matter if none of the car was originally built by Ford? Is it still a Mustang? The term replica will likely turn many people off, but I like what they've done here.

I'm a bit confused, is it built on a new Chassis? Mustang Chassis? Mustang panels? Newly fabricated panels? Is it a kit car? How much is it?
    Driving the dream. '06 S197 and '71 Mach 1 Retro-mod

'06 - Bama Race V2 tune, Custom twin 4 inch Carbon tipped exhaust system, Stoptech Brake pads, Metallic Orange striping. Pypes stainless shorty headers, Magnaflow ceramic high-flow cats, Hotrod Cams (coming xmas '16), Prothane front, rear and drop link anti-roll bar poly bushes, Ford KR suspension with GT500 top mounts, Tein Htech Gold Lowering Springs, BMR rear Lower Control Arms. BAMA retune, MMD retro mirrors, engine parts hydro-dipped. Roush bonnet scoop, Lower front valance CDC spoiler, GT500 rear spoiler, California special side scoops, Rear quarter window slated vents, Ultra bright headlight, sidelight, foglight bulbs, Airaid Induction kit, Chrome underbonnet strut brace, GT Engine cover, Velocity 20 inch wheels,

Real Name
    Geoff
    Mocgb No

I think it would have to go through a IVA test same as a kit car with undeterminable age or identity. It would probably fail on lack of safety features like collapsible steering column etc, but if it passed it would be on a 'Q' plate.

This is why a pile of rotten Mustang but with ID fetches silly money.
    1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
    2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
    2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Real Name
    Paul
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post

My thoughts exactly, Geoff!

Real Name
    Mark.
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
    I think it would have to go through a IVA test same as a kit car with undeterminable age or identity. It would probably fail on lack of safety features like collapsible steering column etc, but if it passed it would be on a 'Q' plate.

These are essentially my thoughts as well, no free road tax either.

Mark.
    '89 GT Convertible, triple white, five speed, Florida car.
    '89 GT Hatch, white, five speed, Arizona car.

Real Name
    Paul
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy-22 View Post
    I'm a bit confused, is it built on a new Chassis? Mustang Chassis? Mustang panels? Newly fabricated panels? Is it a kit car? How much is it?
    Dynacorn are a (Ford approved) supplier of early Mustang bodyshells, so that's the bodywork explained. The rest will be off the shelf aftermarket parts. It's long been said you could build an old Mustang from scratch, and I guess this proves the point. Is it a kit car? Sort of, but a fully built one. Couldn't see prices on the website.

Edit.....found the price.........$120k!
    Last edited by Twin Turbo; 10-03-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Real Name
    Roger
    Mocgb No
    If it uses new parts and passes IVA (very much doubt it would - sharp edges, tight radii, absence of side repeaters, the list goes on and on), it gets a new registration, and three years exemption from MOT, just like a new car. But it would have to comply with new car emissions etc. as well. Q plates are used when DVLA cannot determine the age of a car.

MOCGB Paid Member
    Real Name
    Mark
    Mocgb No
    Dynacorn are a (Ford approved) supplier of early Mustang bodyshells, so that's the bodywork explained. The rest will be off the shelf aftermarket parts. It's long been said you could build an old Mustang from scratch, and I guess this proves the point. Is it a kit car? Sort of, but a fully built one. Couldn't see prices on the website.

Edit.....found the price.........$120k!
    Fair enough.....but I see no real benefit at that price. Those interested in 60's Mustangs would most likely want originality....for a quarter or third of the price.
    Seems similar affair to the Eagle speedster (although that was more of a modern version of the E-type rather than replica).
    Driving the dream. '06 S197 and '71 Mach 1 Retro-mod

'06 - Bama Race V2 tune, Custom twin 4 inch Carbon tipped exhaust system, Stoptech Brake pads, Metallic Orange striping. Pypes stainless shorty headers, Magnaflow ceramic high-flow cats, Hotrod Cams (coming xmas '16), Prothane front, rear and drop link anti-roll bar poly bushes, Ford KR suspension with GT500 top mounts, Tein Htech Gold Lowering Springs, BMR rear Lower Control Arms. BAMA retune, MMD retro mirrors, engine parts hydro-dipped. Roush bonnet scoop, Lower front valance CDC spoiler, GT500 rear spoiler, California special side scoops, Rear quarter window slated vents, Ultra bright headlight, sidelight, foglight bulbs, Airaid Induction kit, Chrome underbonnet strut brace, GT Engine cover, Velocity 20 inch wheels,

Mocgb No
    I think If you dont have a vin then you wouldnt be able to export from the US, a bit like the Cobra Jets
    Andy

PRESENT
    12 VW CC GT

PAST
    03/04 Cobra Sonic Blue
    95 GT Convert Laser Red clearcoat
    98 V6 Coupe Atlantic Metallic Blue

Real Name
    Paul
    Mocgb No
    All good points, so unlikely that we'd ever see any over here, not that I suspect we are a target market

Reading the specs, it's more a posh resto mod without the effort...

"Modifications are made to the body to facilitate the integration of modern components, improve torsional rigidity, and reduce noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH)"

5.0l EFI, power steering, power windows, disc brakes, LED headlamps...

Richard

Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    I think If you dont have a vin then you wouldnt be able to export from the US, a bit like the Cobra Jets
    True but like any race car you break it down into separate boxes and ship it as car parts then re-assemble it over here, also means you pay parts level import duty rather than car duty.
    2006 GT in Redfire metallic with 18" polished alloy Bullit style wheels and a few non standard tweaks

Build Thread: Build thread ruined by photo bucket.

Best ET so far at York Raceway: 13.0920 @ 103.71mph

Real Name
    Phil K
    Mocgb No
    Anybody want to buy one lol. I can now offer these body shells in the U.K. Interesting how there are some trim items not currently reproduced so I can only assume these items are second hand.

In my opinion though, the car looks fabulous.

Phil

Last edited by phil k; 10-03-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Classic American Restoration Services
    01992 890969..............07590 431511
    www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Banned

as far as the us goes, i think it is virtually a non existent market . . also, it is impossible or nearly impossible to get that registered in many states in the us and there is a long wait to get it registered in calif if they will even allow it any longer.

kinda hard to get a car registered in florida so you can bring it into another state that wouldn't otherwise register it themselves first.

boyds got himself in quite a bit of trouble with the feds regarding the way he was getting his cars registered.

irregardless, its a kit car just like a cobra replica is . . you can buy a new cobra kit car for maybe $80,000.00 us . . a real 289 cobra in restored condition is around $200,000.00 . . double that for a 427, so you get a similar car for far less money . . to buy and build an original convertible to this condition would be around $100,000.00 us and you have a real car . . what is the benefit of buying a taiwan made replica? . . its a bit like paying the same price for a replica of the mona lisa as you would for the real one . . which one is worth more money? . . which will sell more quickly for the exact same price?.

real cobras are collectible and their value just goes up and up . . same with real mustangs . . i dont see the value of a taiwan made replica going anywhere but down.
    Last edited by barnett468; 10-03-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_terrific View Post
    5.0l EFI...
    yeah, i didn't see a horsepower rating, lol . . irregardless of just how nice the car might be, i would have put a lot more info and photos in the site . . there are no engine compartment, suspension or undercarriage photos . . are they trying to hide something?

just seems like they are not promoting it very hard or very well.