As I said in my Intro Post, I'm looking for a 69 F/B as a project for the next ~ years!
The aim is to keep it as original looking as possible, but significantly resto-mod the powertrain, suspension and brakes, so I am after a basically sound and complete, but cosmetically very scruffy starter car, with as little major bodywork required as possible (this is the one thing I can't do myself). I'm looking at one option just now, but don't think I'll get that at a price I'm willing to pay for it and it's currently not within my saved budget yet anyway!
So, I want to widen the net a bit...
Max Budget: £18K. I'm currently at £12K and should have saved £18K by May (ish), but can stretch before then, if required.
- Complete car (interior, glass, Engine. Tx, etc), preferably running.
- V8 engine (makes future modification easier if I can keep the 5 points for an original engine with the DVLA - SBF preferred).
- No significant modifications to body (no mini-tubs etc).
Like to to Have:
- Minimum requirement for major bodywork (I get that any starter car will have rust, so a new floorpan isn't going to kill me, but as sound a frame/panels as possible is preferred!).
- As OEM as possible.
- Manual Gearbox.
- 351 Engine (Either W or C).
- Driveable (ease of moving in garage or on/off drive).
Not Fussed About:
- Interior condition (don't care about tatty seats, peeling dash pad or manky carpet - the interior will be getting fully overhauled).
- Exterior condition and paint (will be getting painted and I plan to fully overhaul the exterior too).
- Location (Not fussed whether its a UK or US located car, but import costs need to be included within the overall budget).
- Original Spec (Base car or Mach 1 - not fussed - condition is far more important).
If anyone knows of/has/wants to sell/can source something that can meet that requirement, I'd be very interested!!