Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: My first mustang

  1. #1
    MOCGB Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Real Name
    Neil Douglass
    Mocgb No
    6184
    Posts
    91

    My first mustang

    Hi all I posted on here a few weeks ago regards wanting to purchase my dream car, I had lots of help and advice instantly, the user name pmustang was mentioned on more than one occasion as someone who could help me to get the car i was after. I got in touch with Peter and we spoke over the next couple of days, I told him what I was looking for (all the cosmetic things like colour,interior,chrome etc) as I am a complete novice at all this. He never actually tried to sell me a car initially as he was more interested in me knowing and understanding about what I was getting into, this is even though he had one ready to go on the water pretty much exactly what I was after. He won my trust instantly and I went to see him and Ron who like Peter is extremely genuine and an enthusiast first salesman second, we were treated superperbly and the car was better than I thought as these guys don't over cook anything. We made a deal within a few hours and I'm now the proud owner of a 68 coupe which is everything and more that I'd hoped it would be. Anyone looking at wanting to buy a car and is nervous of the mine field like I was then I can't recommend these guys highly enough. how do I upload a pic? I no it will be simple but I can't see it. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    MOCGB Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Real Name
    Neil Douglass
    Mocgb No
    6184
    Posts
    91
    I no the photo link is there but how do I just get the actual pic on? Thanks

  3. #3
    Guest ALLAN R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Location
    Dartford Kent

    Posts
    2,212
    Hi, I am glad you now have your first Mustang and I hope it gives you loads/years of pleasure. It looks really good. I bought my 65 back in 1992 and still have it and its still going strong. Both Peter and Ron are active members of this forum and as you say very customer focused. These classics are simple cars compared modern stuff and any issues can be easily sorted, plus there are good spares outlets in this country. I've found getting bits for these classics easier than getting parts for a 2006 Ford Focus!! I recommend using it a lot and enjoying it a lot.
    Allan

  4. #4
    Guest ALLAN R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Location
    Dartford Kent

    Posts
    2,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie74 View Post
    I no the photo link is there but how do I just get the actual pic on? Thanks
    To get a photo to appear you need to upload your photo to a photo site like photobucket then copy the image code and paste it into your message. Hit preview to check its worked
    Allan

  5. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Real Name
    Barnaby

    Posts
    1,490
    Or use the [img][/img] code



  6. #6
    MOCGB Paid Member pmustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Location
    Colchester UK

    Posts
    13,923
    Okay Neil

    Test drive over, bring it back :-)


    What Neil didn't mention is he bought it BEFORE he heard it run. Neil was desperate to see the car and came immediately after arrival. We could not get the car to start. So embarrassing. Obviously we garanteed the car to run :-)

    When he came the next time and it was started he was floored. I think I may have made a noise or two as well. Twin flowmasters are a primeval sound in my book and this car sounded simply amazing.

    Neil, you, your pop and your mechanic were a blast. It was a pleasure helping you out

    Thanks for trusting us. We try our best.

    Rwgards. Peter.
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

  7. #7
    MOCGB Paid Member GTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Real Name
    Kev
    Location
    Orkney
    Mocgb No
    2730
    Posts
    576
    She's gorgeous Dougie! What a front! Loving the white letters too

  8. #8
    MOCGB Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Real Name
    Neil Douglass
    Mocgb No
    6184
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLAN R View Post
    To get a photo to appear you need to upload your photo to a photo site like photobucket then copy the image code and paste it into your message. Hit preview to check its worked
    Thanks Allan

  9. #9
    MOCGB Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Real Name
    Neil Douglass
    Mocgb No
    6184
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggets View Post
    Or use the [img][/img] code


    Thanks for that

  10. #10
    MOCGB Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Real Name
    Neil Douglass
    Mocgb No
    6184
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by GTK View Post
    She's gorgeous Dougie! What a front! Loving the white letters too
    Thank you I love it

  11. #11
    MOCGB Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Real Name
    Neil Douglass
    Mocgb No
    6184
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLAN R View Post
    Hi, I am glad you now have your first Mustang and I hope it gives you loads/years of pleasure. It looks really good. I bought my 65 back in 1992 and still have it and its still going strong. Both Peter and Ron are active members of this forum and as you say very customer focused. These classics are simple cars compared modern stuff and any issues can be easily sorted, plus there are good spares outlets in this country. I've found getting bits for these classics easier than getting parts for a 2006 Ford Focus!! I recommend using it a lot and enjoying it a lot.
    Cheers Alan and i do intend to run it at every opportunity

  12. #12
    MOCGB Paid Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Real Name
    Neil Douglass
    Mocgb No
    6184
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by pmustang View Post
    Okay Neil

    Test drive over, bring it back :-)


    What Neil didn't mention is he bought it BEFORE he heard it run. Neil was desperate to see the car and came immediately after arrival. We could not get the car to start. So embarrassing. Obviously we garanteed the car to run :-)

    When he came the next time and it was started he was floored. I think I may have made a noise or two as well. Twin flowmasters are a primeval sound in my book and this car sounded simply amazing.

    Neil, you, your pop and your mechanic were a blast. It was a pleasure helping you out

    Thanks for trusting us. We try our best.

    Rwgards. Peter.
    😂😂 this car will hopefully stay in the family for a long time Peter. I started it this morning and set next doors car alarm off! I really can't thank you guys enough, when I first took my wife out in it she said "I can't stop smiling" my thoughts entirely

  13. #13
    MOCGB Paid Member 66coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Real Name
    Barney
    Location
    Bury St Edmunds
    Mocgb No
    -
    Posts
    1,736
    Car looks great - Pete is a credit to the scene.

    Looks like your garage was primed too!

    Enjoy
    Barney


    ...1966 Mustang slowly but surely becoming a Trans-Am tribute

    1966 Mustang Trans-Am
    1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
    1987 VW Golf Mk1 Cabriolet

  14. #14
    MOCGB Paid Member mgcobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Real Name
    John
    Location
    Benfleet, Essex
    Mocgb No
    2144
    Posts
    6,217
    Hi Neil, so glad you have car of your dreams. Also happy Peter & Ron have once again proved to be the Gents of the American Classic Car world. I knew Peter first as another American car enthusiast when I bought my SN95. TBH he seemed a pleasant guy but boy was he an anorak of knowledge not just Mustangs & other Americana but also the good old British Mini.
    He has become a very good friend & through him I met Ron. Since they started this business I only seen & heard great things. I never hesitate to suggest they are contacted to just discuss what your after.
    Neil you have given a very good account of your encounter tith them which bears out my feelings.

    We do have great Classic Mustang dealer/Enthusiasts in Essex area. They all on the whole have good reputations.Gary, ( Gazza51 ) also very worthwhile contacting. Gradually building a great business. Then Paul (GT500 CLONE ) has the 69/70 model. Never met him but know of members who have purchased cars from him. Seen many very nice looking projects from his stable. Just regret my restoring days are over.

  15. #15
    MOCGB Paid Member Captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Real Name
    Ian
    Location
    Farnham, Surrey

    Posts
    94
    Lovely car, its one of the best looking ones out there in my opinion.... Enjoy
    Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 V8 oh yes......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •