X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD II Laptops ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Netbook-D...0AAOSwdaVcWb0x

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ToughBook...UAAOSw0VxcPi2C

question about these above properly other selles out that do laptop versions (not the handheld obd scan tools that we have or not have)

i have a couple of hand held scan tools a few of us have differant makes do differant levels of fault finding and reset functions,

but these laptops seam to offer more functions as cars are getting more complicated ie injectors,batteries need programing to the car , e,brake reset
    my handheld dose srs e.brake dpf but only on a few cars and poor at data logging, a friends has the laptop obd and likes it cheaper option than say a 600quid plus autel tablet 9then you got the jap china imports that shut down

so anybody got one of these laptop versions how do you get on with it been working over a year ok with it? are you able to get updates good customer service if a problem?

over to you lot.
    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Used the Delphi one for a while at work, when it worked! Most of the time it would freeze, not connect etc. In the end we throw it in the corner and refused to use it anymore, mind you I'm not convinced it wasn't a knock off copy of the software (probably from Ebay).
    I know someone who had his own copy and he had no problems with his software, won't reprogram new parts though (airbags, steering rack etc)
    So to sum it up, might be ok might not!

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

I had a laptop software/cable for Vauxhall which I used to use on my old Astra, bought from eBay 'cheap' and was clearly a Chinese knock off copy and wasn't 100% reliable and was always a little worried using it.

Looked into it in the past and Delphi software is about 2k:

https://www.canbusuk.com/dosyalar/images/Price-List.pdf
      https://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/delphids150.php

So anything selling on eBay at the prices in the two listed items is probably suspect!

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
      http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

my foxwell is now 4 years old so am looking at something more modern as cars just keep getting more complicated and garage service costs even for simple jobs so try and do as much myself as for me buy a car and try and keep it for at least 10 years roughly look at my mustang . i have around 7 cars to look after 2 non electronic others are a mix of ages,
        sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Can you not just update your Foxwell software?

1966 Coupe: 1995-
          1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
          2005 Mustang GT 2014-
          2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

i have free updates for life of ownership of foxwell unit but it dosn't do coding of say injectors to anycar, we have a 2015 duster half of the systems on the foxwell don't work they say have to wait for foxwell usa to release update for this car,

i e.mail foxwell with pictures of screan when it says no comunication or shows a selction mode is not supported .

its a NT644 unit
            cant upload sample pic of screan saying picture size to big,tried cropping pic still to big doh,

Comment

Working...
            X