Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP INFO NEEDED buying a reg number- but got stuck on a bit of it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP INFO NEEDED buying a reg number- but got stuck on a bit of it!!!

Anyone help with this? i will keep it direct . 1) i have bought a reg number off a fellow member. 2) he has taken it off vehicle thru DVLA site and has the retention certificate in his name and address. 3) But how do we get the reg number in my name as i DON'T wish to put on a car straight away? i wish to just keep it on retention. DVLA not too clear about retention certificate transfer, and their site gives impression it has to go straight on a car - but i am sure this is NOT the case. help!!!!
    Last edited by johno; 09-10-2019, 09:21 PM.

Adding a nominee

If the reg plate that you purchase isnít going to be used by yourself, you are able to assign somebody else as a nominee to use the plate.

You can add a nominee when assigning the registration number by completing section 2 of the V750 or V778. It is free to add a nominee name when completing the DVLA plate transfer process so thereís no need to worry about extra charges!
    2018 V8 Shadow Edition in Platinum White.

Comment

The problem with Nominee is the original owner of the Number can still use it.
      It's Grantee that you need to be recorded, this was from Simply regs

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVLA REG tx.PNG
Views:	107
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1240857

Attached Files
      Stuart
      2014 GT/CS

Comment

There's no other way to do it. The grantee signs off the document and gives it to the nominee to use it as and when they wish. The nominee then assigns it to their car.

Comment

Hi all, FYI, this is in relation to the plate I have sold John. I have given John the certificate number, so is it just down to my good will that I wonít fleece him out of all his money now then? In an ideal world he would put it straight into another car?
          2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
          2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
          2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Originally posted by Musti View Post
            Hi all, FYI, this is in relation to the plate I have sold John. I have given John the certificate number, so is it just down to my good will that I wonít fleece him out of all his money now then? In an ideal world he would put it straight into another car?
            If you have kept the cert then yes. My understanding is that you should sign the cert and send it to him adding his name as the nominee.

Comment

Happy to do that Dan
              2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
              2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
              2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

But he's still only the nominee not the grantee.
                Roo

'09 GT/CS Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Roo View Post
                  But he's still only the nominee not the grantee.
                  Until he assigns it to his car, then if he removes it he becomes the grantee....or at least I think that's what happens....

Comment

well, given the above responces its clear DVLA need to simplify this system!

Comment

Working...
                    X