For Sale: Land Rover Series 2a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Sale: Land Rover Series 2a

Unfortunately the time has come for my son to sell his Series 2a. He has recently bought a Discovery 2 to join his 90, so he doesn't have the time or space for three Land Rovers!

Overview:

1966 Land Rover Series 2a Truck Cab 88 inch in Marine blue fitted with Fairey Overdrive which I have owned since 2012. I have very much enjoyed owning it and it was featured in the June 2014 issue of Classic Land Rover magazine and in several issues of the Series 2 Club magazine. It will come with a folder with 10 years of receipts for work/parts, old MOTs, original sale receipt from 1966 and other paperwork. The odometer is showing 89,590 miles which I believe to be genuine and the vehicle is tax and MOT exempt. Can be insured on a classic car policy due to age.

Exterior:

The vehicle is painted in marine blue and is a truck cab pickup – also fitted is a metal Ifor Williams Canopy for the pickup bed which will be included in the sale, takes 5 minutes to remove if necessary. The original receipt from 1966 shows that it was sold as a marine blue truck cab. The paint and body work has the usual patina and character that should be expected of a Land Rover of this age. D rings fitted to the front bumper, and tow bar fitted to the rear.

Chassis and Bulkhead:

The bulkhead is in good condition, the chassis has been welded in the past but is solid and strong with no rust holes etc. Drivers side door pillar and bulkhead foot has just recently been replaced.

Mechanical:

Fitted with the standard 2.25 petrol engine. It has been serviced annually, to include all oils, filters and coolant. Oil in the axles, gearbox, transfer box and overdrive have also been changed. It is fitted with a Fairey Overdrive which makes runs on dual carriageways and motorways far more pleasant and again is in working order. Head gasket changed in the last few years. Drum brakes front and rear as standard – new brake drums and shoes have been fitted in the last couple of years.

Recent work includes: New Weber carburettor, coil, electronic ignition, passenger side swivel and front and rear propshafts. Tyres have lots of tread left (Insa Turbo Sahara in size 7.50x16) and are fitted to tubeless LWB rims which I bought in my ownership. The full size bonnet mounted spare is fitted to a tubed rim.

Interior:

I have fitted a set of three black deluxe seats – these are in good condition and I find them very comfortable, even when sat in them all day. The driver and passenger seats are fitted with Securon inertia seatbelts, fitted with genuine Land Rover truck cab mounts which are very difficult to source. The middle seat has a Securon lap belt. Heavy duty rubber foot mats included. The heater is not standard – the original heater started to leak and I bought a more powerful replacement which keeps the cab warm in the winter.

Electrical:

All lights and gauges work as intended and it is fitted with a Varta battery. It is also fitted with an auxiliary temperature gauge as these were not fitted as standard.

The vehicle is located in East Berkshire and is sold as seen, with no warranty implied or given. Please get in touch if you are interested/would like further details and pictures.

Priced at 6500.

20200308_085511 by Human Fly, on Flickr

20200308_085529 by Human Fly, on Flickr

20200308_085546 by Human Fly, on Flickr

20200308_085745 by Human Fly, on Flickr

20200308_090046 by Human Fly, on Flickr

Not the best time to sell a car with restrictions on travel. While it is still up for sale we decided its pointless putting it on Ebay at the moment, ethically incorrect thing to do.

Comment

Sad day yesterday as the Series went to its new owner, first time I have been sad to see a vehicle go, (and its not even mine) we've had some great times in it.
      Sold unseen and pretty much got the asking price for it.

Comment

Lovely car defender 90 or a series 2 are next on my list

Comment

I was surprised how much interest I had when i sold my 2a almost two years ago. There were well over 100 watchers on eBay. Tons of questions flying in and lots of offers so i sold it a few days before the end of auction at the price I wanted which was 1,000 over the then auction price. The guy tried not very hard to haggle but with about 120 watchers I could say the price is this or I'll just let the auction finish and may get more.

Cannot say I have missed it too much though, replaced it with a 2008 Range Rover which is a lot quieter, lot more comforable and is actually more fuel efficient in its V8 guise.

Comment

Originally posted by rider View Post
            I was surprised how much interest I had when i sold my 2a almost two years ago. There were well over 100 watchers on eBay. Tons of questions flying in and lots of offers so i sold it a few days before the end of auction at the price I wanted which was 1,000 over the then auction price. The guy tried not very hard to haggle but with about 120 watchers I could say the price is this or I'll just let the auction finish and may get more.

Cannot say I have missed it too much though, replaced it with a 2008 Range Rover which is a lot quieter, lot more comforable and is actually more fuel efficient in its V8 guise.
            Didn't advise it anywhere apart from a couple of forums.
            Never found it uncomfortable but have to say long motorway trips did tend to grate on your nerves a little, or should I say ears!

Comment

Working...
            X