End of a Carp week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of a Carp week

Brother in law decorates bedroom. After 2 days he finishes. I hand him 200 . He packs up his stuff and loads his van. His step ladder upright whilst he loads his van, close to my Mustang. A strong gust of wind . Ladder falls , injures Mustang. Brother in law turns white and hands me back my 200 .

Did Brother in Law not get injured????
    Stuart
    2014 GT/CS

Comment

That's going to be more than 200. I suggest you give him back the 200 for the decorating and get him to get his insurance to sort this out if its his business.
      Allan

Comment

As Allan says
        2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
        2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
        2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Ouch that hurt!!

Comment

Being in Hertfordshire it not far from me so I would definitely recommend you take it to Mark at RGR ford BodyShop mate as the guys have already said 200 is no where near what it would cost for a professional repair that is not only going to last but will also keep your corrosion warranty validated. Just going from my personal experience because they have to prepare and spray the hole panel and blend it would be in the region of 600 at least. But go and see mark at RGR he would give you a free quote 01234 750207
            bodyshop@rgr-garages.co.uk

Comment

https://www.rgr-garages.co.uk/

Comment

My i just ask ? why go through the insurance means his insurance premuim will go up and have history of claim again him and agaisnt hisbrothers bussiness insurance if brother makes a claim also what is the excess of policy ? you might be paying half of the paint job anyway so why not pay half each job done saves insurance claim and hassle ,, seams from post brother is a fair chap why not just sort it between them ? yes might or might not be 600 wont know till you ask paint jobs vary so much, as said just asking
                sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Maybe get a paintless dent guy to look at it first if the surface will clean up?????

Comment

Originally posted by saleen 192 View Post
                    My i just ask ? why go through the insurance means his insurance premuim will go up and have history of claim again him and agaisnt hisbrothers bussiness insurance if brother makes a claim also what is the excess of policy ? you might be paying half of the paint job anyway so why not pay half each job done saves insurance claim and hassle ,, seams from post brother is a fair chap why not just sort it between them ? yes might or might not be 600 wont know till you ask paint jobs vary so much, as said just asking
                    For what my opinion is worth I completely agree with you that a friendship and family relationship is worth far more than any paint job or car for that matter. An agreement that suits both guys is the best way forward and your brother in-laws skill set might be the key for a full house decorated ( wife happy) you get your car repaired at half the price of a full decoration And all future Christmas and birthday parties are happy events in your posh house and you can look back and both have a little giggle over a beer

Comment

I would not tell any insurance company, the repair might cost less than the excess anyway.

Comment

Comment

Well , to end what I started . Just collected from garage , and a perfect repair . 300 so not too drastic. Nice to have her back . Best of luck everybody . Keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Dave T View Post
                            Well , to end what I started . Just collected from garage , and a perfect repair . 300 so not too drastic. Nice to have her back . Best of luck everybody . Keep safe
                            Awesome news Dave and the weather man said it’s going to be a nice weekend so are you treating her to a waxing?

Comment

I may well do . It’s certainly going on my favourite circular drive .... Barnet > Hatfield > Hertford > Essendon >Duke of York Pint > Home

Comment

Working...
                              X