Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photomatix is what I use for HDR. Using photoshop's HDR engine is really for true to life, natural looking HDR shots, and there's not many options for tonemapping for special effects. Photomatix scores here... loads of options :)

Remember also, for true HDR, you need to take at least 5 images, so you need to put teh camera on a tripod and take one image 2 stops under exposed, -1 stop... correct, 1 stop over and then finally 2 stops over. That way, you have the very deepest shadows, and the very brightest highlights covered (no way one single shot can cope with the dynamic range). Then photomatix will combine them.
    2006 Mustang GT Premium
    Manual
    Tungsten
    Pypes Pype Bomb Axle backs
    C&L CAI & 98RON tune

Capel 2007
    Capel 2008

Comment

Pook...have we met before on 'another' car Forum...? you seem strangely familiar...
      GT 'Bullitt'...Koni 'Sport' Shocks; Eibach Pro-Kit Springs; Hotchkis adjustable Sway-Bars; UMI adjustable PHB; Steeda Strut Mounts; BamaChips Tune...

Comment

Originally posted by Arkady001 View Post
        Pook...have we met before on 'another' car Forum...? you seem strangely familiar...

Hmmm.... the only other car forums I've been on, are the S197 forums, a local forum called http://www.fyldeperformancecars.co.uk/ I joined the MBClub forums because a friend was on there... let me think.... I'm a member of Pistonheads, but don't use it much. I may well have used Stangnet in the past as well.

I'm pretty sure that's it. I spend some time on Bit-Tech also, but that's a computer forum.

Sorry for teh delay in replying... with being a sticky, I forget to check this thread :)
        2006 Mustang GT Premium
        Manual
        Tungsten
        Pypes Pype Bomb Axle backs
        C&L CAI & 98RON tune

Capel 2007
        Capel 2008

Comment

Very, very good thread, thanks!

Comment

Excellent thread. I got into photography last year as a side interest to my main hobby of videoing. I bought a bridge camera to start with, Sony HX1. I now think I've pretty much exhausted its limits and crave for more toys and the ability to 'fettle' a picture.

I see that some of the DSLR's now have amazing video quality too, much better than my stand alone video camera. So I'm looking to get a decent canon DSLR, but I haven't decided on which one to go for.

Comment

I do a few rock n roll pix here and there.

https://500px.com/woolman

I started out doing fetish/fashion and drifted into music.
              Dearborn built 1964 1/2 - 289 4V D-Code Engine - 4-speed manual.
              Wimbledon White - Red Interior. Stock, original numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by 645ROG View Post
                I do a few rock n roll pix here and there.

https://500px.com/woolman

I started out doing fetish/fashion and drifted into music.

now I do like those... I suspect fetish may have been a little more fun though \:D/\:D/\:D/

Comment

Working...
                X