No announcement yet.

Project Daily 69

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief. I'm wondering where you are going to put the charging socket because if you believe some of the cr@p in the media all IC powered cars will be banned in the near future as will gas central heating.
    Allan

Comment

There was a change of plan........an engine came up for sale and I bought it.

This car was being broken and it had a blown 522 in it with a 14-71, dart block, grumpy heads, small ish cam so I'll probably replace it at a later date, Harland rockers, Jesel belt drive and a 3 speed air shift Lenco which takes care of the whole what transmission to use issue. I may however swap the 4 speed from my other car into this one and put the 3 speed into the grey 68 of mine given it'll be producing more power than this one and it'd be a hell of a lot easier using buttons than levers in the turbo car

My only predicament now is whether to use the polished 12-71 or the soon to be polished 14-71, although it may end up going crinkle coat black with polished ends instead. The 12-71 would look good though as I've got a Mooneyham manifold on the engine........

Oh and for those wondering, the 10-71 turned out to be a rare 12-71 after measuring. I didn't realise until my friend pointed it out when I sent him the pic of the stacked blowers

Clearances look ok on the 14 for pump gas too

This is why you should wear gloves when playing with acetone, nasty nasty stuff! Stripped the paint like it was water based

https://www.instagram.com/chevelle_hell/

Comment

What a cracking read! Looking forward to the next update.

Do you know why that car was being broken?

Comment

all them new toys you wont know what to with yourself, lol,,

keep the updates coming, whats happing to the bodyshell and rest of car?
          sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

The car was being broken as I offered the right money for the engine. It will be available as a roller if anyone is interested

was originally a true Boss 302, the guy might rebuild it using a lower grade engine and use it to run high singles instead of 7s

Comment

There is a guy around here that is building a mustang funny car dragster dont kno what livery it will have as shell is white fiber glass at the moment , he has a few dragsters in various stages of work one is ready to race,
              sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

I think you should mount one blower on top of the other. Save making a decision.
                Allan

Comment

I think you’re more than a bit nuts.
                  ...and we’re all rather jealous of you for it

Keep up the updates
                  '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

I love the way you describe this build as a daily driver !

You really are completely mad !

Keep the updates coming
                    Current Mustang Red 1965 Coupe - Previous Mustangs 2008 S197, 1965 Coupe

Comment

Compared to the twin turbo beast this is positively sane! It'll be used as a daily in the loosest sense of the word, most likely shop trips and commutes to work for the few days of good weather we get in summer

if I was still working an 8 mile commute I could use it all the time but alas that's due to change

Comment

Working...
                      X