Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve McQueens Willy’s Jeep

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Steve McQueens Willy’s Jeep

    Be interesting to see what this sells for

    http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/s...willys-jeep-mb
    Editor Round Up
    2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
    2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
    1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

    #2
    2 cylinders??

    They were 4 cylinders!



    Registration: tba
    Chassis Number: MB452936
    Engine Number: DSL 2188R
    Number of cylinders: 2
    CC: 2200
    Year of Manufacture: 1945
    1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
    2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
    2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013


    MOCGB #332 since 1994

    Comment


      #3
      4 cyl. I had one, wanted one since the comic books had them for $25 on the back pages....finally got one....drove it 100 yards. End of the dream.
      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

      Comment


        #4
        Finished a rebuild and put this 1944 Ford on the road a few years ago, best fun vehicle to drive ever ! Luckily it's nowhere near as expensive as McQueens....



        Comment


          #5
          Must admit does look fab though & Dan's one also
          For professional valeting http://goo.gl/vXP0j0
          Metal Polishing & Wheel Refurb http://www.promopolishing.co.uk/
          American Car sales+ Servicing & Parts http://www.boatwright.co.uk/
          Dent Removal http://www.dentx-uk.com/

          Roll on Freedom 11pm 29th March

          Comment


            #6
            I bought one in 1990 and owned it for 13 years and, for the first 10, it got used a lot but it did need quite a bit of regular maintenance to keep it reliable.
            My girlfriend at the time, and I went everywhere in it. I even used it as a daily driver for the summer of 92.
            By around 1998, I found I was using it less and less. . . (a bit like the situation with my Mustang now), and eventually sold it in 2003. I have great memories of it, especially 1992, when I ferried USAAF veterans around the old East Anglian war time bases as part of the "50 Year Commemoration". A very moving and humbling experience.





            This guy flew a B17, from Thorpe Abbotts on 23 missions before being shot down in the North Sea. All crew survived and were rescued.


            John
            sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

            1992 5.0LX convertible

            Comment


              #7
              Guys some great photos and nice memories - thanks for sharing.
              Editor Round Up
              2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
              2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
              1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by G19 View Post
                Be interesting to see what this sells for

                http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/s...willys-jeep-mb
                Nowhere near 80k !
                Current Mustang Red 1965 Coupe - Previous Mustangs 2008 S197, 1965 Coupe

                Comment


                  #9
                  I love these Jeeps and really wish I bought one some years back when they were more affordable. Back in the 90's I went to an auction of steam and farm engines and a Willys went for £1300. Now its 10 times that at least for a good one.
                  Allan

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by suzyfan View Post
                    I bought one in 1990 and owned it for 13 years and, for the first 10, it got used a lot but it did need quite a bit of regular maintenance to keep it reliable.
                    My girlfriend at the time, and I went everywhere in it. I even used it as a daily driver for the summer of 92.
                    By around 1998, I found I was using it less and less. . . (a bit like the situation with my Mustang now), and eventually sold it in 2003. I have great memories of it, especially 1992, when I ferried USAAF veterans around the old East Anglian war time bases as part of the "50 Year Commemoration". A very moving and humbling experience.





                    This guy flew a B17, from Thorpe Abbotts on 23 missions before being shot down in the North Sea. All crew survived and were rescued.


                    John
                    John, if there was a like button on here, I just pressed it. well done mate.....

                    Phil


                    Classic American Restoration Services
                    01992 890969..............07590 431511
                    www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
                    https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thanks, Phil. :">

                      I know what you mean about the "Like" button.
                      A couple of motorcycle forums I use, have them. Very useful.
                      :-bd
                      sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

                      1992 5.0LX convertible

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by phil k View Post
                        John, if there was a like button on here, I just pressed it. well done mate.....

                        Phil
                        Gotta agree, Must have been very emotional to have such a person in your presence. Good one.

                        Peter
                        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Well the Steve McQueen Jeep did sell................£84,375
                          Editor Round Up
                          2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
                          2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
                          1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X