New Toy..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Toy..

Have wanted one of these for a long time, the thought being it could be done up as a period tow vehicle for my Mustang. The plan was to sell the truck first and, err, finish the Mustang, but this one came up and I couldn't resist.

1974 Ford Econoline E100, two owners, sliding side door (my preference over barndoors), 30k miles, 302 V8 auto with factory PAS and PAB - a rare combo. Zero rust (ignoring the patina!). Currently sat at the docks in LA awaiting boxing up for the journey over..

It's a runner so should hopefully not detract me the other unfinished projects..

1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
    1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
    1974 Ford Econoline E100

Like the side mount ariel , keeping the patina then ?
    sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Originally posted by saleen 192 View Post
      Like the side mount ariel , keeping the patina then ?
      I'll run it as for a while, but suspect I'll end up polishing it off and getting it sign written eventually..
      1974 Ford Econoline E100

Comment

Great looking van. Love the real patina look. Have it sign written in a faded style.

Comment

Love it...!
          Midland Mustangs LTD
          Sourcing and Sales of 1960s Classic Mustang Coupes
          www.midland-mustangs.co.uk

sigpic

Comment

Thatís cool. Love the deep dish Cragars.
            Mark
            1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
            1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Comment

Thanks guys!

As some of you may know I don't really do shiny, so this is perfect for me, and agree on the faded sign-writing.

Unsure what to do with the interior, but thinking black diamond pleat vinyl/leather. Want a nod to custom vanning, and a possibly use for camping, but still want it to be usable as a van. Therefore no permanent loveshack in the back, but maybe a rock-and-roll bed that can easily be removed.

But, as stated above, I'm going to use it as is and finish the others first..!
              1974 Ford Econoline E100

Comment

Love that retro look!
                Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

Working...
                X