Forum Upgrade complete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaliSpecial View Post
    On the previous version when you clicked on a thread (topic) you had the option at the top of the page to “go to first unread”. Is there any way to get this feature back? I know you can do it by clicking on the little arrow at the side of the title but that option disappears if you click on the thread title (to remind yourself what the op was about) and then go back.
    There are a few options here.....

Once in a Topic, you can select "Latest Activity" to see the latest activity as opposed to all pages, you can also use the page navigation to jump to a specific page. You can also filter for posts in the last few days (see attached).

The thing with the upgraded forum is that its designed to suit different users who want to consume content in different ways, its not "one size fits all" which is good in some respects but bad for those who liked the old way of doing things.

So take this topic with 45 pages:

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/g...itt-for-europe

I can click "Latest Activity" to see the latest activity on the topic.

In the top top left of the topic where it has "Page 1 of 45" and an arrow to go to the next page, I can enter the number 45 into the first box and press enter to go direct to that page.

Or I can click Filter and select posts from Today to see what people have posted today.....I can further filter to just see photos etc.

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
    http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

Mark when i add a new post to my build post it don't show up in latest activity so stays buried unless someone goes into media readers rides they wont see it. John

Comment

Originally posted by 68gtcs View Post
        Mark when i add a new post to my build post it don't show up in latest activity so stays buried unless someone goes into media readers rides they wont see it. John
        It does show up in New Topics , which I think is badly worded. As it's not a new Topic but a New Post within an existing Topic.

You can click on that Topic, and then click on Latest Activity, and it sorts that thread for you, with the newest being on top.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
        1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
        1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

I still can't get on with the new layout of the forum,it seems that the vbulletin one is not as user friendly as the phpbb ones that I am on.

Comment

Originally posted by stevec2004 View Post
            I still can't get on with the new layout of the forum,it seems that the vbulletin one is not as user friendly as the phpbb ones that I am on.
            Steve, what can you not get on with ?
            The main page is the same , so what aspect is causing the concern ?

1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

I like the new forum, layout etc however l miss the 'old' latest posts functionality - and generally speaking when I'm on the web and i hit the back button its always nice to see what was there before or I'll think its broken (in my view nothing should change because it's been read - that's why the colour of the links change),

1969 302 Fastback

Comment

Originally posted by Webmaster View Post

Steve, what can you not get on with ?
                The main page is the same , so what aspect is causing the concern ?
                I did much prefer the latest posts where it was clearer what was what and in which section,as that is the way I always view the forum.And any threads viewed didn't disappear.

Comment

Just looking at the new layout. I see we've lost our signature pics.
                  https://gill-billington.pixels.com for great gifts and wall art prints on paper, canvas and metal.

sigpic

Comment

Gill, the sig pics were saved, you should be able to reactivate it or choose to upload a new one in your profile area. There is a thread explaining how to set up a new one if needed.

1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

I came across an issue when replying to someones technical question and wishing to direct them to several links that covered the particular issue in a great deal of detail. The reply only allows to add one site link per post so had to make several posts to give the PM access to all the archive material. Can we have the add link function that will allow multiple links to be added to a single post?

Comment

I see the New Posts option is back on the Menu which is great.

clearly the change over has been and is, a massive amount of work, thank you for for the continued improvements.
                        Current Mustang Red 1965 Coupe - Previous Mustangs 2008 S197, 1965 Coupe

Comment

When selecting "New Posts" could you please make the text below the post title smaller please. All the text is the same size and it's difficult to differentiate between the title of a post and who posted and when. And I'm finding I'm less inclined to click on a new post because I can't see it, amongst the posters and dates.

Thank you.
                          Mark
                          1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
                          1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Comment

Working...
                          X