No announcement yet.

Salvaged mustangs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much money for the yellow one for an accident repaired car with a LOT of owners, but rather than posting loads on here why don't you put a post up in the 'Mustangs wanted' section with your requirements budget/colour etc as this will save a lot of time and will most likely get you into a straight car quicker
    sigpic
    objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmich View Post
      Here is one I'm interested in with crash pic and how it looks now. Had 6 owners in total 5 in UK! But has a slight mileage discrepancy, full interior change, bonnet scoop and louvers added with new exhaust since in the USA.
      Mileage discrepancy means its been clocked, plain and simple. We have seen cars with tens of thousands of miles go missing between leaving the US and its first mot here. If you haven't realised already some dealers aren't as honest as they should be.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
      1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
      2005 Mustang GT 2014-
      2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Originally posted by steve.c View Post
        Too much money for the yellow one for an accident repaired car with a LOT of owners, but rather than posting loads on here why don't you put a post up in the 'Mustangs wanted' section with your requirements budget/colour etc as this will save a lot of time and will most likely get you into a straight car quicker
        Agree with this. Start a wanted thread and post up links to adverts that interest you.
        Don't lose heart as you are going the right way to find a decent car. Would suggest a GT is a better buy than a V6.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

He is willing to go to 9k with that car. What prices would people pay for a salvage repaired v6 or v8 mustang?

I'll make an add also :). So tricky with a lot being dodgy that I find these days or highly priced for what again is suspect and out of market value.

For a good s197 v8 what would be a reasonable price?

Comment

He is willing to go to 9k with that car. What prices would people pay for a salvage repaired v6 or v8 mustang?

I'll make an add also :). So tricky with a lot being dodgy that I find these days or highly priced for what again is suspect and out of market value.

My budget for a salvage Mustang would be £0 !!
            For a good V8 there are bargains with a few miles on the clock about for between £10k-13k but you have to be quick, normal prices see them between £13-15k +
            There are good V6 models around the£8-10k range but again you have to be quick, I know nothing of this car but I just found it on ebay...
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-FORD...QAAOSweZ9cXyo8

sigpic
            objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

Comment

Depends on what you call market value, £10k is not market value for a decent GT.
              We are trying to advise against spending £10k on what is probably going to be a salvage car with many miles missing and could end up costing you big money in the long run. Another thing to consider is getting it registered, mot and also the light conversation, which isn't cheap and will cost even more if not done correctly (it will overload the SJB (ECU) and leave you with a BIG bill to put it right).
              A £10k car which ends up costing another couple of grand isn't a cheap car anymore.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

If its not viable to repair because of the airbags then the only way it will go back on the road is with 2nd hand ones. Do you think they will bother with the expence of changing the belts aswell, I doubt it.

Mileage discrepancy means its been clocked, plain and simple. We have seen cars with tens of thousands of miles go missing between leaving the US and its first mot here. If you haven't realised already some dealers aren't as honest as they should be
                Your making yourself sound a real glass half empty person. Airbags are a one shot device. They could be replaced with new ones or approved second hand items. Even Wheeler Dealers use second hand parts. A mileage discrepancy could be a simple typo or clerical error. The carfax reports rely on garages uploading info correctly. I doubt they do it correctly all the time. Buying any car as expensive as one of these Mustangs is a big risk for a lot of people. Even ones that don't have salvage titles could have a difficult problem to solve. Its a matter of weighing up how you feel about the car and not letting the heart rule the brain - be prepared to walk away if it doesn't feel right.
                Allan

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN R View Post

Your making yourself sound a real glass half empty person. Airbags are a one shot device. They could be replaced with new ones or approved second hand items. Even Wheeler Dealers use second hand parts. A mileage discrepancy could be a simple typo or clerical error. The carfax reports rely on garages uploading info correctly. I doubt they do it correctly all the time. Buying any car as expensive as one of these Mustangs is a big risk for a lot of people. Even ones that don't have salvage titles could have a difficult problem to solve. Its a matter of weighing up how you feel about the car and not letting the heart rule the brain - be prepared to walk away if it doesn't feel right.
                  Really! 2nd hand airbags approved by who? I very much doubt there is a single insurance company that would allow the fitment of 2nd hand airbags or seatbelts to crash repaired car.
                  Even some "Thatcham Insurance approved " parts are proper crap, example being VW front panels which are plastic with a metal bonded backing, the "approved" parts have NO backing bonded to the plastic. Every time we are told to fit them we reject them on H&S grounds.
                  At the end of the day buying a 2nd hand car can be a risk but if you can you can mitigate that risk then that's what you do.
                  As to "mileage discrepancy" the trader you bought from had a reputation for "mileage discrepancy"
                  Another forum member bought from Poshwheels and returned if for a 30k mile discrepancy and a hidden salvage title.
                  So you could say I have a half empty glass, but the OP did ask for opinions on salvage cars.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

What about this one? Though they won't send me the vin to check...

V8 specific number plate included. Driven carefully she will give you 24mpg making this a very economic V8. Sensitive upgrades include Shelby ‘bullet’ wheels, K&N air filter, Pioneer A/V system (Satnav) with OEM 500W subwoofer. | eBay!

Comment

I don't want to sound condescending but please listen to what you are being told......no wanting to tell you the VIN tells you enough, walk away.....
                      chris
                      sigpic
                      Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Comment

On the face of it it looks O.K but,

Contact the seller again asking if the car was imported new to the U.K. and first registered here.
                        If not then it has USA history and you need the Vin to get a Carfax report.
                        HPI will show any history in the U.K, but you'll need the VIN or U.K registration to get that.

If they still won't provide it you have 2 choices, ignore it or go and view it and get the Vin yourself.

It may have been a bit suspicious to the seller in the U.K for someone to be asking for the VIN, but in the States all cars are sold by Vin and the number is usually published in the advert.

U.S licence plates change regularly so it's difficult to trace.
                        Last edited by mad4v8; 07-03-2019, 07:17 AM.
                        Stuart
                        2014 GT/CS

Comment

I have sent you a private message.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

Looks like several mustangs are imported to Poland fixed and sold to the UK.

Comment

Looks like several mustangs are imported to Poland fixed and sold to the UK.
                              Correct, some are done very well and as there has to be the opposite, some are are just dangerous.
                              07 mustang GT/CS conv
                              Vista Blue
                              Cloth roof
                              Black/dove seats
                              Cantering on propane
                              NICK

Comment

Another thing to look out for is the car that has just been imported. A 2005/06/07 or an 08 because they now avoided an IVA test and there appears to be a few around that a guide dog did the MOT!
                                07 mustang GT/CS conv
                                Vista Blue
                                Cloth roof
                                Black/dove seats
                                Cantering on propane
                                NICK

Comment

Working...
                                X