No announcement yet.

Salvaged mustangs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed the that also a lot from UAE it seems at set 9k prices but no history. I wonder how many fixed up cars are going about or owned by members on here even. Sad state of affairs really :(.

Comment

Seen a 2012 v6 going for 15k! Surely that is too expensive when market value is 9 to 10k dollars USA

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmich View Post
        Seen a 2012 v6 going for 15k! Surely that is too expensive when market value is 9 to 10k dollars USA
        No because you have to import it, register it, light coversion, mot, iva, pay tax, pay vat, carfax it etc. I am sure you know by now the S197 keeps its money very well. A couple of years bact the 05-09 cars went up in value for the very same reason you have been finding out recently, there is no profit in bringing in a genuine car.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
        1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
        2005 Mustang GT 2014-
        2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

My 2014 cost me 20k in the U.S in late 2017 plus another 10k to get it here with Duty and VAT and IVA work etc.

Unless it was something unusual it wouldn't make sense to Import a v6, other than possibly knowing it's history better.
          Stuart
          2014 GT/CS

Comment

This v6 was already in UK from 2015 I think and registered selling on eBay just last week at 15k. That must be way over asking price I would have thought? It was 26k dollars new meaning today it's only 3k cheaper than new. Wouldn't know where to start on importing haha.

Comment

This v6 was already in UK from 2015 I think and registered selling on eBay just last week at 15k. That must be way over asking price I would have thought? It was 26k dollars new meaning today it's only 3k cheaper than new. Wouldn't know where to start on importing haha.
              I'm afraid the new price in the US is pretty irrelevant to the asking price here and now. A $26k car in the US isn't going to be a $26k car, it will be more like 30k (or more) so therefore 15k is half of what it was worth not $3k less than the new price.
              05-09 cars depreciated slowly and when it became less profitable to import them the 2nd hand price went up, pretty much unknown in the 2nd hand car market. Its pretty pointless to compare the new dollar price to the current selling price in s.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

So would I be right in thinking a 2005 to 7 v6 is around 6 to 9k a gt is 10 to 14k, 2011 and 12 is similar.

Comment

I don't think you will get a V6 for 6k unless its a dog, to be honest I don't really bother checking prices. You are probably about right with GT's starting at around 10k, trouble is there are many variables to consider. Don't get too hung up on years between 05 -09 buy a car on condition not year, a 14k 05 might be a better buy than a 14k 09 (for example).
                  A GT will be easier to sell than a V6 regardless of year/model, nothing wrong with them its just a fact of life.
                  Set a budget and don't confuse yourself by looking at cars that are beyond your budget. I think you will be best off concentrating on the 05-09 cars and forget the rest of the newer models.

This is an example of a good newer version of a S197 to give you a comparison on prices.
                  https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/w...ep-impact-blue
                  Last edited by Anaconda; 08-03-2019, 07:55 PM.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

TAKE IT FROM ME ive been stung like this i financed a s197 mustang from a garage to find out 2 years later thst it was a copart salve write off. So you can imagine the issues im having tryjng to sort this out going right up the food chain......

Comment

I just wish I had a bigger budget currently. I don't mind having a decent but plain canvas as I am planning to wrap the car etc since I am a vinyl wrapper by trade. Some beauties but out of my current budget and then the odd v6 but I don't fancy the older v6 per say though it's a start it's value will always fade amongst the v8. Some cheap 6 to 7k ones available though but... so tricky!

Comment

Is there a certain date you need the car for? If not save up a bit longer to boost you budget or take a small loan, or buy a cheaper one and hope for the best. I had a V6 S197 for 4 years and enjoyed owning it, although it did have a few mods, I wouldn't have bought a standard V6.
                        The 2010 on V6 has the same power as a 05-09 V8 but hard to sell, a club member found his unsellable when he put it up for sale, even for trade price. In the end he had to give it away (I mean sell it) to a trader. Quite a difficult choice to make.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

No date as such I did get a loan to top my savings up but luckily did in-depth research and didn't go off impulse! I don't mind a cheap 2005 to 9 v6 in all fairness that I can mod or vinyl wrap and make my own as long as I dual exhaust it. Having a scimitar gte Essex v6 the cologne v6 is very similar easy to work on. But a v8 is always lovely ofcourse. Though knowing my luck I'd get money and they would go even higher in price haha. What did he sell his v6 for In end and was it a 2010 one? The red car I would have liked that's up for 15k is a 2012 v6 so again probably harder to sell.

Comment

This one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Must...cAAOSwXI1cC9Me

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

That's the one yes

Comment

Car at $10k dollars will owe roughly 12.5-13k, Plus iva, shipping agent to sort paperwork etc once back here, assuming you do a lot of the work yourself organising, car is not too far from a port etc. Don't forget, duty plus vat at 20% because of age of car, and exchange rate only about 1.25 at pres. If you have somebody do all the work/service, collect the car, ship it, paperwork included etc, price goes up, not always easy/straightforward importing.

Comment

Working...
                                X