Salvaged mustangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvaged mustangs

Hi everyone new here. I am just wondering I have noticed a lot of mustangs for sale that are in the UK s197 models that have been in collisions in the USA sent to copart auction and fixed up etc and sold on. Are these trustworthy? Looking at them they appear straight etc but that's in pics. Another option is a few cars imported by a trade to trade guy (generally) from the UAE which I have a pic of below of one at 10k but I hear a lot of cars to UAE can also be damaged or flood cars, vin check on the UAE car brings back hardly much. My worry is sand corrosion, hammered engines, cut and shut bits possibly, on these.

Hope someone can help thank you.

Why dont you just buy one which isnt a write off? I cant imagine why you would actively seek to buy a write off or one with an untraceable history. If 10k is your budget save up some more and buy a decent one, that would be advice.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

I think there was a thread on here recently about someone who was unhappy with a S197 sourced exactly through a similar route to that you mentioned above. I would not personally risk 10K on such a vehicle.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
      1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
      1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Hi thank you for replies not looking for salvage just all ones I check seem to have been in a crash sadly. May be great cars until I check I can't be sure of quality. But out of 5 I checked 4 are salvage :(.

Comment

Webmaster do you have a link to the post about the salvage car someone had bought? Be interesting to read up on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmich View Post
            Hi thank you for replies not looking for salvage just all ones I check seem to have been in a crash sadly. May be great cars until I check I can't be sure of quality. But out of 5 I checked 4 are salvage :(.
            You will have to have some patience when looking for a S197 I'm afraid, there is no money in importing them anymore so they will pretty much all be salvage. Just so you know flood damaged cars get written off due to health and safety, flood water is full of sewage! also all the ecu will be rotten in the future.
            You need to find a car which has been in this country for a good few years and then check the UK AND US history, it would need to be cheap to be worth buying a US salvage car. 10k is not cheap for a written off car.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

I have pics from two full carfax reports. None said flood but impact damage. One was a front wing and rear wheel on a orange black striped v6 thats on eBay. Another full front damage also on eBay. Both look repaired well it seems. What would you advise on price? You probably may have seen both cars. The yellow has had 6 owners in the UK alone which makes me wonder why so many. Very hard finding a none lemon.

Comment

For the car to be put back on the road it has to be repaired well with approved parts and independently inspected. I've been told that airbag inflation can also damage the dashboard which often results in economic write offs. So a little collision damage plus interior damage will put these cars into a beyond economic repair situation - hence salvage title. It doen't mean each one has been totally destroyed then welded back together in some back street hovel.
                Allan

Comment

If I put some images up of one's I am interested in would anyone be able to see if they know anything about them? Like if listed in past on here etc.

Comment

A simple check is just to Google the VIN. It tends to show if it's been on an auction site in the U.S.A in the past. And if the U.K seller won't give you the VIN walk away. Try Gooling this VIN, car looks O.K on the outside. 1zvbp8am7e5273609 note the secondary damage description as per Anaconda's post above. This is the current auction for it https://www.copart.com/lot/23302369
                    Last edited by mad4v8; 06-03-2019, 10:47 AM.
                    Stuart
                    2014 GT/CS

Comment

Originally posted by Scimmich View Post
                      If I put some images up of one's I am interested in would anyone be able to see if they know anything about them? Like if listed in past on here etc.
                      By all means post any links to cars you are interested in, or even just the photos as most likely someone will know of it
                      sigpic
                      objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN R View Post
                        For the car to be put back on the road it has to be repaired well with approved parts and independently inspected. I've been told that airbag inflation can also damage the dashboard which often results in economic write offs. So a little collision damage plus interior damage will put these cars into a beyond economic repair situation - hence salvage title. It doen't mean each one has been totally destroyed then welded back together in some back street hovel.
                        If its not viable to repair because of the airbags then the only way it will go back on the road is with 2nd hand ones. Do you think they will bother with the expence of changing the belts aswell, I doubt it.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

Here is one I'm interested in with crash pic and how it looks now. Had 6 owners in total 5 in UK! But has a slight mileage discrepancy, full interior change, bonnet scoop and louvers added with new exhaust since in the USA.
                          Image 20190306 134211 hosted in ImgShare.io

Comment

Image Screenshot 20190306 134110 Samsung Internet hosted in ImgShare.io

Comment

Image 20190306 153923 hosted in ImgShare.io

Comment

Working...
                              X