X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang World record attempt Belgium 7th September

Hello everyone

The club has been invited to take part in a world record attempt in Belgium on the 7th September, the hope is to have 1001 Mustangs parked together and Fords proving ground in Belgium.

Mustang clubs from most European countries are gathering to help Ford achieve this milestone.

If you interested please read through the information below and if you are definitely going please follow the link at the end to book and then reply to this list with your name and car reg and say "REGISTERED" and add MOCGB as your club when prompted

Please do not reply saying you might go or your interested in going as im sure most of us are interested what Ford need are confirmations.

Once we have a list of cars going, i will plan a route and train Eurotunnel time to match

Previous group runs have been filled up with lots of non relevant questions or comments about information on driving in Europe, i have advised the moderators to move any posts to a new thread which will be Mustang 1001 q&A which will be hosted in the event section of the forum so head over there if you have any questions

So read on .....................

Hello Ian,

My name is Jo Declercq. I am the organizer of this event and Director Public Affairs at Ford Belgium.

Apart from the many Belgian Mustang owners (highest relative density in Europe) and yourselves from the UK, we are happy to enjoy the participation of many Dutch, German, Luxemburg and French Mustang owners.

Our plan
    The aim is to twofold:
    • break the “parade” world record, now in the hands of Ford Motor Company in Mexico, December 2017, with 960 Ford Mustangs, and bring that record to Europe with minimum 1001 Mustangs
    • have a “static” choreography of all the (minimum) 1001 Ford Mustangs in one spot (big circle at the Proving Ground). This will also be a world record, since it hasn’t been done before.
    Each participant Mustang (with a driver and maximum one passenger) has to enroll via the website: www.mustang1001.be

Mid August, we will decide on the “arrival” time for each Mustang, to ensure we have no bottle necks at the entrance of the Proving Ground.
    We start at 9.00 CET and every 15 minutes, we plan to let 100 Mustangs drive in. Surely, we need between 2 and 3 hours to get all in at the Proving Ground.
    For Clubs or groups, we ask that each group mentions the group (club) they are part of, so we can let them arrive at the same time.
    For groups like yours, coming from the UK, we agree together on a comfortable arriving time.
    If you want, you can already let us know what timings are best for you, between 9.00 and 11.30 CET.

Please understand that all teams will have to bring sandwiches and drinks for lunch, probably in the car. We cannot stop the activity halfway. It would take a few hours extra…
    • Once all Mustangs are in, we stop them close to the big circle and prepare for the choreography part.
    • Briefing session, time to use WC,…
    • Choreography static Mustangs – Everything will be filmed with drones.
    • Team picture
    • Start of driving to the exit. At that moment we want to do the parade part to break the world record.

Jo Declercq
    Director Communications & Public Affairs
    Belgium - Luxemburg - Lommel Proving Ground
    Ford Motor Company
    Last edited by big red one; 04-05-2019, 10:06 AM.
    Current 2013 Boss 302 SBY Laguna Seca

Previous

2013 Boss 302 SBY
    2013 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Deep Impact Blue
    2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red
    2010 4.6V8 GT Premium Black

Ian Kirby : REGISTERED
    Car registration BO55 KBY
    Last edited by big red one; 04-05-2019, 10:05 AM.

Previous

2013 Boss 302 SBY
    2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red

Comment

Ian Bailey : Registered
      Car registration MU58 TAN

Comment

Mark Hayden : REGISTERED
        Car registration : M55 RRR

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
        1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
        1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Chris Hannis: Registered
          Car Registration: BO55 BHP

Chris

2006 GT Premium, Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged;

Comment

Hi, Do we have any further information on this, hotel and euro tunnel crossing, meet up area i’m Guessing hotels in the area will be busy and get booked up, if not already. Are we going for a club event to this, sorry for all the questions.

Comment

Wow, what a poor response. I guess not a lot of interest here, unless I am missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky View Post
                Wow, what a poor response. I guess not a lot of interest here, unless I am missing something?
                There is another thread relating to questions and answers else where on the forum, I will see if I can find it for you.

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/forum/s...001-q-a-thread
                Last edited by Anaconda; 12-05-2019, 03:19 PM.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
                1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

I would think that this thread should have been posted in the ‘Meetings and Events’ section.
                  Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

Thank you, I had seen that, not much more there to help, does not appear to be a lot of interest, only 4 of us so far.

I thought this might have been a great thing for the club to get involved in. I know it’s not going to be a cheap thing to do, but it is a nice run for our cars, and really once if a lifetime thing to be part of, and we will hopefully set a world record, another not so small achievement :)

Comment

Ian is away at the moment, so I am not sure when he is able to reply. I have no details on the timings. I think particular clubs are going to be given a timeslot to arrive.So they can handle all the parking in a particular way. This makes a lot of sense.
                      I think those of us nearer the tunnel were considering a Day trip, and I am not aware of any Hotels being mentioned.
                      As soon as Ian is back, I hope to discuss crossings etc. Maybe Tunnel , Maybe Ferry.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
                      1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
                      1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Most likely will be up for this. Just need to check with the boss first. Will confirm soon, ferry from Hull overnight most likely option. My left hooker will be in its element!

Comment

Robin Gupta Registered N6RPG

Comment

Chris Hannis: Registered
                            Car Registration: BO55 BHP

Robin Gupta : Registered
                            Car Registration: N6RPG

Previous

2013 Boss 302 SBY

Comment

I am not a paid up member of the club. Would it be OK to quote the club when I register and travel with you - or should I register as joe public and make my own way there ??
                              Thanks in anticipation of your advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X