No announcement yet.

Noise detecting cameras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the noise complaints I hear of are due to chavs revving their Jap and Euro rubbish to the limit in Asda car parks, and playing bass through massive amps. I hardly think roadside monitoring equipment will prevent this.
    1964.5 Mustang Convertible 289
    1991 Winnebago Itasca Sundancer 460 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by uze View Post
      Not a NIMBY but maybe spare a thought for others?
      Agree, that was my point in the original post about obnoxiously loud exhausts. I'm not talking about you average slightly loud car/bike but the ones that are simply ridiculous. Bikes with off-road exhausts and boy-racers with huge fart cans.

Where I live there is a VW Golf which pops/bangs and drives along the road outside my house (30mph limit) about 50 making an obnoxious noise.

There was recently a 50cc moped who would stop at the junction outside my house at 7am that made a horrendous noise and you could literally hear the noise for multiple minutes as it drove towards its destination.

For those saying its difficult to police, useful link below explaining the law:

https://essex.police.uk/getmedia/5a4...t-Offences.pdf

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
      http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

Another daft idea... but sadly it hardly surprises me. Common sense appears to have left this country a long time ago. How they will expect a camera to detect the right veicle with all the varying
        ambient noise conditions, reverberation from wall buildings, large trucks etc is beyond me. The noise added by other cars travelling on the road or any other noise source will also confuse.
        Seems unsafe ground for any conviction I suspect. Be interesting to see how they think they can make it work

No worries though by the time they get this in place we may well all be electric haha

OK. Im sure we all understand that there are those with loud exhausts that don't show due consideration to others in early or late hours. Would rather see police actually patrol problem areas
        from time to time assesws the situation and deal with the true offenders fairly
        Jon H

Comment

Originally posted by chris1973 View Post
          Most of the noise complaints I hear of are due to chavs revving their Jap and Euro rubbish to the limit in Asda car parks, and playing bass through massive amps. I hardly think roadside monitoring equipment will prevent this.
          Already anti-social laws covering this problem, if you can find someone to enforce them.
          In general if you don't drive like an arse then what's the problem?
          I would say a VERY high percentage of users on here change their exhaust at the first chance, and a very small percentage who make their car less noisy.
          My s197 has a straight through, 66 has a silencer but would be classed as loud (probably) by modern standards, Focus is stock, Series 2a is stock, Defender has a straight through.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
          1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
          2005 Mustang GT 2014-
          2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Working...
          X