2008 S197 airbag recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 S197 airbag recalls

Was kindly advised that my car has 2 x outstanding recalls with regards to the passenger and drivers side air bag inflators.
    so after a bit of digging found them on owner.ford.com

the recalls number are 15S21 dated May 27th 2015 and
    19S01 dated January 2019

Looking back through my Paperwork I did receive a letter from Ford in June 2017, and put it with my Insurance docs for some reason without paying any attention, however it appears to have taken 2 x years for it to get me in the UK.
    So looks like there is further recall on 2008 S197ís released January 2019, so no doubt it will eventually get over the Atlantic to us in the UK.
    Got mine booked in for both recalls, Ford dealer in Motherwell Scotland, parts on Order and they shall advise when they arrive.

Bit of a carry on contacting them, however, after a 30 min call and got to right person, got it booked in.

Worth checking out.

Had the drivers airbag done last year, didn't realise the parts for the passenger side were available yet.

Comment

I had an email earlier in the year from Carfax U.S saying my 2014 is on the recall list for the Passenger airbag.
      If I go on the U.S Ford Takata recall site with my VIN it shows due.
      If I look on FORD ETIS it doesn't show as due which presumably is what a Ford U.K dealer would do.
      Still waiting for Ford U.K / DVLA to contact me as I'm certain no FORD U.K dealer will be interested unless I have a letter.
      Stuart
      2014 GT/CS

Comment

I chased up my passenger airbag last month with the dealer who did my drivers one and they told me they would contact me when parts are available. They thought the parts would take a while yet so I told them my Mrs is not happy and is fed up wearing her full face helmet each time she sits in the passenger seat :-)
        Chris

2006 GT Premium, Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged;

Comment

Wee update, car was booked in last week and both Airbags inflators replaced both Drivers and Passenger sides.
          All sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Macnore View Post
            Wee update, car was booked in last week and both Airbags inflators replaced both Drivers and Passenger sides.
            All sorted.
            Hi, can I ask how you got the passenger side done? I been talking to Ford all day and they said head office said this wouldn't be rolled out until first quarter of 2020

Comment

When I had an enquiry about selling my car before Xmas, the potential buyer advised there were 2 x recalls outstanding.

the Drivers side was approx 2 years old and the passenger was only 3 months old, local main Ford dealer did both at the same time FOC.

info was on Fords WEB site when I entered my VIN number.

Parts arrived in the dealer in approx 1 x week and booked in a bit of passed about by Ford customer services but eventually got to someone who investigated and called me back.

so now all recalls sorted, ford dealer paper work to prove they have been done etc, nor sure how long it takes from the system to be updated.

Comment

Originally posted by mad4v8 View Post
                I had an email earlier in the year from Carfax U.S saying my 2014 is on the recall list for the Passenger airbag.
                If I go on the U.S Ford Takata recall site with my VIN it shows due.
                If I look on FORD ETIS it doesn't show as due which presumably is what a Ford U.K dealer would do.
                Still waiting for Ford U.K / DVLA to contact me as I'm certain no FORD U.K dealer will be interested unless I have a letter.
                Exactly the same thing here, went to my local Ford and they told me no. Which I take as Ford care more for US Mustang drivers than UK drivers!! Guess I'll have to wait a year or so.
                2008 Bullitt

Comment

Finally got the letter from Ford about the recall. Didn't take long!!!! Booking in tomorrow.
                  2008 Bullitt

Comment

Got mine today for the Passenger side, nothing for Drivers side
                    Someone at Ford must be on overtime sending all these out.
                    Stuart
                    2014 GT/CS

Comment

Got one today for the '05 Mustang that went to France in 2010 and I DID inform DVLA that it had been exported at that time!
                      1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                      2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                      2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
                        Got one today for the '05 Mustang that went to France in 2010 and I DID inform DVLA that it had been exported at that time!
                        I know DVLA are a bit behind because of Corona virus but 10 YEARS behind is a bit extreme!

Comment

Got another letter in today from Ford for passenger airbag re call yet I got both the drivers side and the passenger side done wonder why I got another re call letter.

Will need to check it out yet again to check if there is a further re call on the re call.

Comment

Originally posted by Macnore View Post
                            Got another letter in today from Ford for passenger airbag re call yet I got both the drivers side and the passenger side done wonder why I got another re call letter.

Will need to check it out yet again to check if there is a further re call on the re call.

I got mine today but is it worth bothering with?? It will be a right pain to take it and then go back to pick it up. I won't use buses now.
                            Allan

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN R View Post

I got mine today but is it worth bothering with?? It will be a right pain to take it and then go back to pick it up. I won't use buses now.
                              You could tell them you are going to wait, drivers side isn't a big job. I would imagine its best to get a safety recall done as if it develops a fault and you get an injury your insurance might use it for an excuse not to pay out for personal injury, OR you could live happily ever after

Comment

Working...
                              X