2008 S197 airbag recalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

You could tell them you are going to wait, drivers side isn't a big job. I would imagine its best to get a safety recall done as if it develops a fault and you get an injury your insurance might use it for an excuse not to pay out for personal injury, OR you could live happily ever after
    They said I could have a courtesy car if I let them arrange a suitable time. The only problem is the courtesy car will have the steering wheel on the wrong side, three pedals and a funny stick thing in the centre that I am going to have to keep moving !!!!!
    Allan

Comment

Hello could I ask wHich dealer you recommend for the passenger airbag change. Just a bit concerned the dealer will mess up the trim parts and then I will have a fight on my hand to prove. Does the airbag get removed from behind the dash i.e via removed glovebox or are they likely to mess up the nice metal facia on my 08 Bullitt in the process. A local dealer did to the steering wheel air bag but I figured they could not mess that up. Your thoughts please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt Fan View Post
        Hello could I ask wHich dealer you recommend for the passenger airbag change. Just a bit concerned the dealer will mess up the trim parts and then I will have a fight on my hand to prove. Does the airbag get removed from behind the dash i.e via removed glovebox or are they likely to mess up the nice metal facia on my 08 Bullitt in the process. A local dealer did to the steering wheel air bag but I figured they could not mess that up. Your thoughts please.
        It will be fine don’t worry about it, I’m still on holiday at the moment so can’t access the Govt MOT website to see if mines listed for a recall. I can my drivers one done in my last Mustang in 2017-18 and no problems.
        2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
        2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
        2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Got a letter about the passenger airbag on my 2012 but not for the driver's side, are they ok?? Or should they be done together?

Might take the dash trim off myself before giving it to them then they can't damage it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt Fan View Post
            I'll let you know how mine goes!!!
            2008 Bullitt

Comment

Might be worth giving your dealer a call first before booking the car in to check they actually have the parts to do the recall!
              sigpic
              objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

Comment

Passenger airbag inflator changed today, waste of my time but no real drama. 2012 car.

Comment

Originally posted by jainser View Post

I'll let you know how mine goes!!!
                  All done and all good.
                  2008 Bullitt

Comment

Originally posted by jainser View Post

All done and all good.
                    Did they have to remove any part of the dash trim. Thing is, with the Bullitt, they are obsolete items now and can't be replaced once damaged.
                    I'm getting mine done on the 7th November.

Alan

Comment

Yes the panel above the glovebox comes out with the airbag attatched. 4 screws on the glovebox 2 on the airbag. Ten minutes if you're slow. The biggest threat to the visible trim is when the actual inflator is changed as it is placed facing downards for the work (looks about another ten minutes but I can't say for sure on that). Underline to them that you really really want that done with care as it is irreplceable and wlll cost them if they damage it. Mine is 2012 but assuming the same.

Comment

Originally posted by acd1t View Post

Did they have to remove any part of the dash trim. Thing is, with the Bullitt, they are obsolete items now and can't be replaced once damaged.
                        I'm getting mine done on the 7th November.

Alan
                        Sorry, I have no idea what was removed. I did take plenty of photos before to check but like I say - good as gold. To be honest I think these guys know what there doing they are Ford techs at the end of the day. Just my 2p worth.
                        2008 Bullitt

Comment

Had both mine done today (2013GT) at the local Ford dealer, I rang up a couple of weeks ago so they could order the parts.

If anyone only has one recall letter, the technician just checks online using your reg number or VIn and searches for other recalls, so you can get both done at the same time
                          Paul

2003 GT Convertible - Sonic Blue & 2013 GT Convertible - Deep Impact Blue
                          2006 Viper SRT10 Coupe - GTS Blue/White First edition #146 of 200

Mustangs gone but not forgotten

70 351-4v Mach 1........72 351-2v convertible........94 GT convertible........05 GT convertible

Comment

Well I had my passenger airbag changed and despite discussions with the tech prior to fitment, they damaged the pard of the dash below the air bag!1 I am fuming I believe this is part of the main dash and can’t be removed on its own! I hope I am wrong or that means the whole dash will have to be removed. Any advice please . They said they would order the part but I thing it can’t be separated? It a could job I check before I left the dealership forecourt.

Comment

If they have admitted to the damage and are willing to replace it then my advise would be to get them to replace it. Atleast they have held their hands up to damaging it.

Comment

I have agreed to a smart repair as it is a dash out job and I fear it will never be the same if I let them loose on it. Time will tell how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                X