UK registration turn around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sawyles View Post
    Now I filled my 65 in as Ford Mustang and the DVLA unfortunately for some pathetic reason sent it back as just ford!!! Apparently if you put mustang GT itíll come back as that. Guys on here maybe able to verify. Had to send mine back
    I filled the V55 out with Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, but when the V5 came back it just says Ford. The model is blank. In answer to the original question it took just over 2 weeks to get the V5.
    Current - 1967 Mustang 390 GTA Fastback
    Previous - 1968 Coupe Sprint, 2005 GT & 2008 Bullitt

Comment

I am a little hesitant about the success of my first submission after reading this thread, I am currently at the end of the second week and I dread it every time I walk to my letterbox after work, as I know there will either be a V5c,a letter requesting more information or a rejected application letter..

Comment

Iím sure youíll be fine it is a bit of a mine field what to fill in what not, one things for sure thereíll be no doubt itís a mustang to you and anyone else. About time the dvla caught up.
        On a different note I had a conversation with them regarding Reg Noís I think theyíre missing a trick or two lots of modern reg numbers would look great on old cars but they wonít allow it in case somebody tries to pass their 50 plus year old car off as a 2020 model!!!! Madness!!

Comment

I was going to ask a personalised reg question after I was registered. I wanted to put a specific registration plate on my car but it said that it was only applicable on cars 20XX or later... are personalised number plates pretty much out of the question for classics or will it be one of those situations where I can only use certain plates before a date that aren't to the standard format and cost like 150 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiche View Post
            I was going to ask a personalised reg question after I was registered. I wanted to put a specific registration plate on my car but it said that it was only applicable on cars 20XX or later... are personalised number plates pretty much out of the question for classics or will it be one of those situations where I can only use certain plates before a date that aren't to the standard format and cost like 150 grand.
            You can't put a newer plate on a car.

So if you have a classic then the only personalised plates you can use are the registration year of the car or earlier.

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
            http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Comment

At some point the the goal posts were changed. In the distant past imports got a new car vehicle registration number, My Son's 69 Mach1 is 'L' reg from when it was imported in September 1972.
              1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
              2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
              2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

For those who are currently registering or are about to, the DVLA got back to me 3 weeks to the day with my log book.

I initially put the exact registration date for my car down as per my original owners manual and I was concerned because some members said that they normally call you out on it for confirmation but they defaulted me to 01/01/1965 without even contacting me.

It has just come back last Thursday from a classic car restoration shop from a service and the engine sounds super nice and it purrs away with no issues at all with no rattling from the car. They did mention that the front wheel bearings need replacing and the lights need to be modified to UK standards so other than that it is time to get a new number plate from somewhere and then take her for a spin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quiche View Post
                  For those who are currently registering or are about to, the DVLA got back to me 3 weeks to the day with my log book.

I initially put the exact registration date for my car down as per my original owners manual and I was concerned because some members said that they normally call you out on it for confirmation but they defaulted me to 01/01/1965 without even contacting me.
                  This is a perfect example of how the DVLA work. There are 5,000 plus people who work there and when you send your documents off the team who handle it are huge. One clerk will register like yours has been done, another will call you, another will email but the majority lack common sense and will reject the application and return your documents by second class post.

You got a sensible person and great news your registered.

Cheers, Ron

www.stsimports.co.uk
                  www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk

Comment

Yeah its commonly a pain in the backside this. They're being particularly slow currently too thanks to the pandemic. Generally, all the people on the DVLA side I've dealt with have wanted to help though. There's a bit more about what you can expect from the registration process here: How to fill in a V55/5 Form which might be helpful for others who also spotted this thread.

Hope it helps, cheers!

Comment

Slow doesn’t cover it. Very very slow.
                      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Just before the new year I sent my V5 in to have the color on my 88 mustang coupe changed from RED to BLUE. It came back as BLACK even though I included a hand written letter explaining the change. I swear they did it on purpose just to mess with me. I just sent it off again so I guess I'll need to wait for them to decide what new color it will be this time when I get it back.
                        Black 1985 GT, 408w, high 10's
                        Blue 1988 Coupe, 5.0, 5-speed, Hellion turbo, no options
                        Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1, 351c, 4-speed
                        Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
                        White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Comment

Sent my application for first registration for my 66 on 5th Dec, got my rejection letter yesterday requesting date confirmation !

Mustang

Comment

Working...
                          X