American Automatics Southend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Automatics Southend

Back in June I had my Transmission rebuilt by Jon Bennett at American Automatics in Southend as much as it was rebuilt and he sent me tons of photos its not been right since.
    Last conversation i had with him was the end of July and he asked me to let him know if things improved? They hadnt to be honest so I tried to contact him last week both by eMail and Telephone No reply no answer

After searching the internet this morning I was sad to hear that Jon passed away on 11th August.

I never met the guy as my transmission was palleted to him and from him but had spoken to him on the phone as well as emails and he seemed to be a nice down to earth guy.

Not sure what to do concerning the transmission now? Never been in a situation like this before?

Obviously will have to get somebody else to look at it,im sure if Jon was still with us he would of rectified it.

Not the news I was expecting to wake up to today.

Anyway not sure if its been shared on here yet but RIP Jon Bennett and my thoughts go out to his family at this time

Jo

I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever heard a problem regarding onme of his builds and that's not just being nice because he died.

He was only 55, sad loss.

Cheers, Ron

www.stsimports.co.uk
    www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ronfenton View Post
      I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever heard a problem regarding onme of his builds and that's not just being nice because he died.

He was only 55, sad loss.

Cheers, Ron

No I agree I do think he would of sorted it,we had been keeping in touch about it im just in shock Ron I was talking to him last month on the phone i though when he hadnt returned my calls this last week he was on holliday or something.

Indeed Sad loss

Jo

Comment

Such a nce guy, so sad

May I ask, did you change the torque converter with the rebuilt trans?
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Only met him a few times, nice bloke, sad loss.
          Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

That's really sad news, I meet Jon earlier this year when we rebuilt my FMX, nice guy and did a good job
            chris
            sigpic
            Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
              Such a nce guy, so sad

May I ask, did you change the torque converter with the rebuilt trans?
              Jon checked it over and said it checked out fine and did not need replacing.

Comment

Sadly I never met him there was talk of my going over there for the day to get him to tst drive the car with the trans in to see if he could figure out what was amiss? sadly ill never meet him now

Comment

Thats good to hear, that could have been the issue, Wonder if the later ones suffer from Vacuum modulator issues as the early ones do. Could be a leak in the vac modulator hose or the Vac modulator itself.

Cheers. Peter
                  Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                  We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Common issue is the vacuum hose from the inlet manifold to the gearbox modulator, If it's reluctant to change up to a higher gear it's possibly that.
                    1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                    2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                    2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Working...
                    X