Sound deadening a classic -Dynamat or similar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound deadening a classic -Dynamat or similar

Iím due to have the door cards off my 66 Coupe next week and Iím considering putting some sound deadening in the doors while Iím at it.

i donít have any speakers in the doors so this is purely to give them a bit more of a thunk and kill some road noise. Any views on this? Iím 50/50 whether itís worthwhile or not.

any suggestions on cheap self adhesive deadening material?

I bought a box of Noico matting 2mm thick covers 3.4 square metres for £50 from amazon. Online comparisons say itís not quite as good as Dynamat but so much cheaper. Most users seem to be very pleased with it.

Ive used only one small piece to cover the top of the fuel tank so far but it seems pretty good. In the spring Iíll pull the interior out and do the floor.

Comment

When I replaced my carpet and put a plywood panel behind the rear seat I just went to Wickes and bought a roll of silver bubble hot water tank insulation - worked fine for me.
      '65 289 "A" Code GT Optioned Coupe, with 4spd Toploader and Arvinode exhaust - sounds great! :D :gears

Comment

I know that Dynamat is expensive and I am not sure how much better (if at all) it is than other cheaper products. The reason I used it being that every car programme on tele seem to use it and I didn't want to do the job twice. If you are just doing inside the doors its a small area so I would buy Dynamat.
        Allan

Comment

I bought quite a bit of the Noico matting for my 88 coupe project a few months ago and found it to be every bit as good as Dynamat but at a much better price.
          Black 1985 GT, 408w, high 10's
          Red 1988 Coupe, 5.0, Survivor car
          Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1
          Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
          White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Comment

Thanks all. My box of Noico arrives tomorrow so that'll be me getting busy in the doors with a little roller on Saturday...

Comment

Do it once and do it right, Dynamat all the way.

Comment

Working...
              X