Another supermarket scratch victim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another supermarket scratch victim

My wife visited Tesco yesterday and when she returned I decided to do my usual weekend valet . I then discovered that some person of complete disrespect for someone elseís property had opened there door onto my rear arch and had chipped the paint down to bare metal completely devastated. I usually would of attempted a repair myself in the past with some success and with some failures lol just being honest lol so decided to seek professional help.I found a guy who was in my area with excellent customer reviews on all detailing and ceramic coatings etc . So thought if I emailed him at stupid oíclock on Sunday morning it might persuade myself not to try to repair it myself until heís replied tomorrow. And then my phone rang and it was him? Shocked to say the very least, then he said if Iím dressed and ready to pop the car round and he would take a look even more shocking. And then £50 of my cash later and a smile that someone from Tesco had stolen the day before I came home with my car looking as good as new. I canít recommend this guy enough gents but the proof is in the pictures . 5 star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nice! Did he have to pull anything out or was it all buffing?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fireball View Post
      Nice! Did he have to pull anything out or was it all buffing?
      It was down to the metal so he prepared with a touch up brush and then 2 layers of clear coat until there was a small dome let it dry then wet n dry then polish and mopA1 job I canít even tell where it was exactly even with the picture I took in my hand lol

Comment

There was no dent to pull though just an extra large chip probably around 4mm diameter

Comment

I'll be giving him a call to look at a mark on our Kuga. Thanks for posting.
          2018 V8 Shadow Edition in Platinum White.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan1971 View Post
            I'll be giving him a call to look at a mark on our Kuga. Thanks for posting.
            Your welcome mate

Comment

Looks like lewis hamiton is moon lighting lol,

Look like nice repair from pictures
              sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

You've just got to go to more up market supermarkets!!
                It is a major pain though people just don't care anymore, my S197 had a front wheel arch stoved in thanks to an idiot who couldn't drive a 4 X 4 type vehicle. I partly blame the grossly undersized marked out parking bays and morons. Even if you park well away from the crowd some clown will park right next to you.
                Allan

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN R View Post
                  You've just got to go to more up market supermarkets!!
                  It is a major pain though people just don't care anymore, my S197 had a front wheel arch stoved in thanks to an idiot who couldn't drive a 4 X 4 type vehicle. I partly blame the grossly undersized marked out parking bays and morons. Even if you park well away from the crowd some clown will park right next to you.
                  Thatís so true mate I have driven my better half absolutely mad over the last 7 years going to Tesco and if I canít find a spot with at least no parking to the left or the front I readily drive out and postpone the visit lol and thatís true. She assures me she has been doing the same so I just think it really bad luck the kind of luck you have when buying a new pair of shoes then stepping straight in dog xxxx however the dog xxxx was obviously driving the other vehicle. I do think that Tesco is usually a fair bet because Waitrose is full of Chelsea Tractors that take up more than the parking spaces they have modelled on Rolf Yariss,s

Comment

Working...
                  X