Goblin Works Garage - Mustang.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goblin Works Garage - Mustang.

I assume some of you learned people watched Goblin Works Garage last night and their Mustang Project. I was left with a few questions and I'm assume there is some "TV land realty" going on. 1) 47K for a 1965 coup really? 2) The engine they took out and the one that went back in was the same engine (given rebuilt) - the put back a 289? Can you buy a rebuild 289 off the shelf without finding the useable block first? My assumption was 289 engine were difficult for find because the classic racing boys keep blowing them up? Your thoughts thank you.

Yeah £47000 for that car is highly unlikely.

I would think it was the same engine rebuilt.

Personally, I wouldn’t let any one of them near my car.
    Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

I recorded it as we were out meeting some Americans who brought their Mustangs over for Goodwood. A very pleasant evening. As for Goblin Works garage I think the programme is very much towards the cr@p end of the spectrum. I don't believe they do anything of substance themselves and the price they supposedly get for their cars is pure fiction. There was some stuff put on the net about the Coyote Capri they made in the last series which wasn't good press. Take it with a large pinch of salt.
      Allan

Comment

Very disappointing show, someone should have given them a firm shaking with that boot spoiler - I'd have to question what reputation they were trying to protect.

Compared to Wheel Dealers which I started watching for the first time - what a revelation that show is, watched about 40 episodes now while recovering from an operation. I learned so much and their attention to detail is a different class completely.
        1969 302 Fastback

Comment

I've tried to watch it several times but it's not worth wasting any time on.
          There are more entertaining programs than that.

Stuart
          2014 GT/CS

Comment

They did a Series Land Rover once and that also sold for a massive prise at the end of the programme. In reality it didn't sell at all and was on Ebay for God knows how long, of course after all the mods they did it wasn't actually legal anymore. (if you follow the rules but who does that anyway?)
            Didn't see the Mustang episode.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
            1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
            2005 Mustang GT 2014-
            2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Sadly I have some insider knowledge of these lying fantasists. All I will say is don't believe everything you see on TV, treat it all as just entertainment. Nothing you see on TV is fact. These 'reality' TV car shows just have 'camera friendly' front men ( and token women) who pretend to do the work. Then at the end, another actor pretends to but the vehicle at a ludicrously inflated price. Fake news......
              Cheers, Martin
              sigpic

Comment

Even if fake better than some of the other crap on tv , At least they are giving it a go weather in front on camera or not we don't want are hobby to die these programmes might get younger generations into cars and engineering we have to start somewhere, but i do agree on the the sales price of the cars is rather high.

i like the down to earth approch of the tv program flipping bangers weather they make or loose they are try yes mybe for tv but again better than soaps and tv reality shows,
                sigpicUpgrades = Saleen supercharger kit with JDM tune, 3.4 pulley ,Keene bell boost a pump, BBK 62mm Twin Throttle body with spacer, EBC drilled vented & grooved discs up front with red stuff pads all round , Boost gauge and fuel psi gauge ,Oil seperator, Extra 5" fans for heat exchanger, 7 row oil cooler , Braided steal brake hoses all round, BMR rear lower control arms. 481Bhp Total. & all the normal refinements you get with a Saleen mustang. production number 192 of 945 for that year.

Comment

Working...
                X