Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any thoughts or knowledge of this car- before i take a look....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any thoughts or knowledge of this car- before i take a look....

I know of shelby GT's and GT 500's , and their history, anyone know or have thoughts of this one i am interested in?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MUST...EAAOSwTs5dJbZP

must confess to not having heard of Shelby titled GT350, in 07- i mean yes GT or GT500 or GT-H... but not GT350,

john

Googling suggests there were over 6000 GT350 2007 models built.
    Stuart
    2014 GT/CS

Comment

I have very little knowledge of a these cars but as a previous 2007 GT500 owner I believe this is correct

There was no such car as a 2007 Shelby GT350, There was however a 2007 Shelby GT, I know because I almost bought one thinking it was a GT500. AFAIK it was sort of a badge engineered car meaning it was more or less a Mustang GT with Shelby Badges. This one would have had the supercharger added. Personally I would be looking for a GT500

Again, most folks have more modern mustang knowledge than me and I am happy to be proven wrong

Peter
      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

In 2007 there was a Shelby GT which was a standard 4.6 GT with a few Shelby bits and pieces added, it was only available in black or white. This appears to be one of those with a supercharger added. On the dash the Shelby sticker shows it as a "Shelby GT" not a GT350.
        Last edited by GeoffW; 06-10-2019, 09:59 PM.
        1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
        2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
        2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

yes, thanks Geoff i didn't think there was a 2007 "Shelby GT350". Stuart you are right there were over 6000 Shelby GT,s (but NOT titled GT350 which was my original question). So thanks to all for your help. I guess what we have is an 07 Shelby GT which were standard GTs "finished" ( a la 65/66 style) at Shelby in Las Vegas with Ford performance parts, and then after a s/c has been fitted with GT500 bumper n bonnet. guess its worth checkin out. J

Comment

With a new front end and possibly more on it, I'd suggest getting the VIN and getting a Carfax report if intending to proceed:

https://www.carfax.eu

Just "Googling" the VIN can bring results.

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

I'm sure this subject, probably prompted by this exact car in the O.P has cropped up before.

Barrett Jackson listed and sold a "GT350" on the link below.
              However the side stickers show it as a Shelby GT and the description mentions Shelby GT package.
              The car in the O.P has GT500 side stickers, if they were removed and any future reference to GT350 was dropped then this subject wouldn't come up again re this car.

It's a Shelby GT with Supercharger and GT 500 hood, presumably because of the supercharger.
              It doesn't seem a bad collection of parts for the money.
              Check with the Shelby register to confirm the number.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...ASTBACK-190417

Stuart
              2014 GT/CS

Comment

There's no need to change the bonnet for a Supercharger on a 4.6 GT. This exact car rings a bell with me from something a few years ago locally when it was imported but can't remember what exactly at the moment. Carfax is the way forward.

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Is it UK registered?
                  doesn't appear to have side repeaters or a rear fog light switch. Has it just come into the country?
                  07 mustang GT/CS conv
                  Vista Blue
                  Cloth roof
                  Black/dove seats
                  Cantering on propane
                  NICK

Comment

Here’s an other GT350 this one has the rare 2 cylinder delete kit.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-Ford...AAAOSwWktdnrXh
                    07 mustang GT/CS conv
                    Vista Blue
                    Cloth roof
                    Black/dove seats
                    Cantering on propane
                    NICK

Comment

Originally posted by NMH View Post
                      Is it UK registered?
                      doesn't appear to have side repeaters or a rear fog light switch. Has it just come into the country?

Same seller has a GT500 for sale too, that does appear to have side repeaters:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-MUST...D/233363649088

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
                        I have very little knowledge of a these cars but as a previous 2007 GT500 owner I believe this is correct

There was no such car as a 2007 Shelby GT350, There was however a 2007 Shelby GT, I know because I almost bought one thinking it was a GT500. AFAIK it was sort of a badge engineered car meaning it was more or less a Mustang GT with Shelby Badges. This one would have had the supercharger added. Personally I would be looking for a GT500

Again, most folks have more modern mustang knowledge than me and I am happy to be proven wrong

Peter
                        This answers your question.
                        Roo

'09 GT/CS Convertible

Comment

I'd go for it, seems a good price and it's a future collectors car. Just don't use it as a daily.
                          1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
                          1970 Dodge Challenger A66
                          Mark

Comment

The guy seems to sell cars and car parts from a wide variety of vehicles so I'd assume they are a trader listing this as a I've only had it a short while but I'm buying a house private sale. Which means of course no consumer protection on the purchase.

It is re-advertised from a September advert on eBay at the same price so its not selling quickly at that price. That means you can expect to get a good amount knocked off or there is something not quite right with the car that has put others off buying it already.

Comment

It appears to be straight off the boat, there's no side repeaters, rear fog light, UK number plates etc. so MOT and registration procedure to go through I guess.

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X