No announcement yet.

Rust...Already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA Ford warranty is USA only, says so somewhere in the small print.
    1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
    2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
    2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

JBGT50 Sorry to read of your unsuccessful outcome with Ford CRC.

I still think it is worth continuing correspondence with Ford.All manufacturers have customer goodwill budgets which they spend at their discretion.It was a payment of this kind which I believe covered the bulk of the repair required by Bedford Muscle.

Things that you should point out are as follows
      1. If you bought the car from a franchised dealer this shows your commitment to the franchise.
      2.If you have had all the servicing done at a franchised dealer again this shows your loyalty to the franchise.
      3.Have you bought or own other Fords mention this too.
      4.Mention that you have done everything reasonable as an owner by looking after the car I.e.bringing the fault to the attention of the dealer as soon as you spotted it.The fact that you also paid for paint protection indicates your wish to look after the car as best you can.

If the warranty answer is no (and it seems to be that) then ask for a goodwill contribution which is entirely discretionary and based on individual circumstances.Point out that you have done everything you should as a responsible owner,you have also demonstrated your commitment to the franchise so you are asking for a reasonable goodwill gesture in return.

In any event it is best to have some form of written communication rather than just telephone calls.This makes the whole process more accountable and helps if you want to explore other avenues.

Hope this helps and good luck,keep plugging away.

Comment

The dealer saying no is not the end

I had a door situation with snother Ford and the dealer said no. I spent days calling Ford and finally got s complaint number many calls later. Next day I was called by the dealer to bring it in. 4 new doors

The dealer doesnt want to spend their profit sorting you out but if the corporation pays...they sre on it

Another idea: In the states you want to speak to the roving, once a month or so, Ford Manager. Dont know if its the same here. They used to visit the dealerships and you would ask to meet them
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
          The dealer saying no is not the end

I had a door situation with snother Ford and the dealer said no. I spent days calling Ford and finally got s complaint number many calls later. Next day I was called by the dealer to bring it in. 4 new doors

The dealer doesnt want to spend their profit sorting you out but if the corporation pays...they sre on it

Another idea: In the states you want to speak to the roving, once a month or so, Ford Manager. Dont know if its the same here. They used to visit the dealerships and you would ask to meet them
          Thanks mate I have been advised to ask to speak to the dealer principal so will update the guys after that

Comment

Update gentleman ​​​​​​ I have been to Evans Halshaw and Spoken with a Very professional Guy who’s name is Thomas and when I passed him the digital records of the paint inspections was shocked that they were carried out at the incorrect intervals and has told us that we would definitely not have to pay for the repair and he would be refunding the full 349 for the gard X paint protection and to wait for a phone call to arrange a an appointment for meeting with the head of service.

Comment

Stuart
              2014 GT/CS

Comment

Originally posted by mad4v8 View Post
                Thanks mate smiles again and hopefully not waking up anymore at 4am hoping mad just dying for a pee haha

Comment

Originally posted by JBGT50 View Post
                  Update gentleman ​​​​​​ I have been to Evans Halshaw and Spoken with a Very professional Guy who’s name is Thomas and when I passed him the digital records of the paint inspections was shocked that they were carried out at the incorrect intervals and has told us that we would definitely not have to pay for the repair and he would be refunding the full 349 for the gard X paint protection and to wait for a phone call to arrange a an appointment for meeting with the head of service.
                  Glad to hear your positive news which will hopefully lead to a successful outcome.
                  He wasn’t a doubting Thomas then!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Dragon View Post

Glad to hear your positive news which will hopefully lead to a successful outcome.
                    He wasn’t a doubting Thomas then!
                    As soon as I told him the issue and then presented him the evidence he then checked the print outs against there records and was absolutely brilliant he apologised and thanked me for being calm under the circumstances and how disappointed he was with their service and it would definitely be resolved and that we didn’t have to worry any longer. He said as a good will he would refund us for the paint protection we had installed so we didn’t have to fork out for the reapplication when the repair was done . We are going to be contacted by ford to go back and have a settlement offer. Really happy with that outcome as long as it’s as he said

Comment

Evans Halshaw after promising to have my car repaired have agreed to cover the cost and it’s now booked in at RGR for early February
                      Last edited by JBGT50; 23-01-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I did say that I would keep people updated on the progress with my bonnet corrosion case.However this is a lack of progress report.

Well it is now six weeks to the day that I took the car into my local (25 miles away) Ford Approved Body Centre.
                        Photos and details were taken and I was told that it can take up to 28 days for a decision to be made.

It is now 6 weeks to the day and I am still waiting to hear!!! I keep chasing the dealer for news but without success.We will see how we get on next week (week 7)

If my experience is typical make sure you raise matters well before the warranty runs out.

Comment

I did say that I would keep people updated on the progress with my bonnet corrosion case.However this is a lack of progress report.

Well it is now six weeks to the day that I took the car into my local (25 miles away) Ford Approved Body Centre.
                          Photos and details were taken and I was told that it can take up to 28 days for a decision to be made.

It is now 6 weeks to the day and I am still waiting to hear!!! I keep chasing the dealer for news but without success.We will see how we get on next week (week 7)

If my experience is typical make sure you raise matters well before the warranty runs out.
                          Have you spoken with ford CRC yourself? I would definitely recommend you do and raise a case
                          0370 241 6726

Comment

Have you spoken with ford CRC yourself? I would definitely recommend you do and raise a case
                            0370 241 6726
                            Yes thanks spoke to Ford CRC this afternoon.They referred me back to the dealer saying that the dealer should be “escalating it”!!

Comment

Yes thanks spoke to Ford CRC this afternoon.They referred me back to the dealer saying that the dealer should be “escalating it”!!
                              Request a meeting with the dealer Principal and escalate the complaint telling him at your meeting how you have been messed around by his team and provide a time line of all calls and visits and any documentation you have and before you leave an accurate and documented report on every media platform available to you to prevent any other customers having this treatment from his business or his staff would he like to resolve this issue ​​​​​​ that’s exactly what I had to do and I meant every word and to be honest he wasn’t aware that between his sales and service team who were fighting over who was liable he was apologetic and proposed a resolution within 2 days . To which we agreed and the repair was authorised. I hope that this helps you

Comment

Request a meeting with the dealer Principal and escalate the complaint telling him at your meeting how you have been messed around by his team and provide a time line of all calls and visits and any documentation you have and before you leave an accurate and documented report on every media platform available to you to prevent any other customers having this treatment from his business or his staff would he like to resolve this issue ​​​​​​ that’s exactly what I had to do and I meant every word and to be honest he wasn’t aware that between his sales and service team who were fighting over who was liable he was apologetic and proposed a resolution within 2 days . To which we agreed and the repair was authorised. I hope that this helps you
                                Thanks again for your advice JBGT50.In my case it is the Dealer Principal who is “handling” my claim!
                                He is the one I have been speaking to and he is the one who didn’t reply to my letter and has great difficulty in returning my calls.

As he is responsible for setting the standards for the dealership it hardly inspires confidence if we ever get around to getting the repair done.
                                Just to be clear this is not the dealership I bought the car from but as it is a TSB confirmed manufacturing issue this should not affect the process.

I am not giving up but why does it have to be so difficult???

Comment

Working...
                                X