Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric Mustang Revealed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Electric Mustang Revealed

    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/06/s...rnd/index.html

    And here's the V8 engine for it..

    https://www.franzis.de/maker/bausaet...-motor-bausatz
    Last edited by mustang-mad; 07-11-2019, 08:11 AM.
    :Burnout :gears MUSTANG-MAD:gears :Burnout

    https://foxresto.com

    https://mustangmaniac.co.uk/ mustang maniac

    http://youtu.be/ZSYGVPKpol0

    #2
    Have you ordered the V8 yet Simon? Cheap at half the price.
    . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

    Comment


      #3
      The Mustang 'Lithium'?

      Lithium is an unsustainable material for battery production. Lithium mining, mostly (I think) done in Chile and China, is one of the nastiest, filthiest mining operations there is, which is known for using vast quantities of water to facilitate production. Your big 'ol V8 is, perhaps surprisingly, 'greener'.
      Then there's getting hold of the electricity... oh yes, renewables. I've yet to see the wind turbine or solar panel that can renew itself.

      Comment


        #4
        "the car has two small clear polycarbonate panels to allow a view of the battery pack and electric motor underneath" .... cars sounds quite fun in the future.
        1969 302 Fastback

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by mick the hat View Post
          Have you ordered the V8 yet Simon? Cheap at half the price.
          Yes I'm afraid I did, early Christmas present.
          :Burnout :gears MUSTANG-MAD:gears :Burnout

          https://foxresto.com

          https://mustangmaniac.co.uk/ mustang maniac

          http://youtu.be/ZSYGVPKpol0

          Comment


            #6
            K code motor !

            https://www.franzis.de/maker/bausaet...-motor-bausatz
            sigpic
            You can never have enough black under the hood.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rsk289 View Post
              The Mustang 'Lithium'?

              Lithium is an unsustainable material for battery production. Lithium mining, mostly (I think) done in Chile and China, is one of the nastiest, filthiest mining operations there is, which is known for using vast quantities of water to facilitate production. Your big 'ol V8 is, perhaps surprisingly, 'greener'.
              Then there's getting hold of the electricity... oh yes, renewables. I've yet to see the wind turbine or solar panel that can renew itself.
              I read that there is not enough lithium in the world to meet battery requirements for the number of vehicles in the world. If ICE cars were banned we would be back to only rich people having cars.

              EVs are not zero emissions like some think - they still dump tyre rubber, brake dust and lubricant vapour. Being heavier more brake and tyre debris.

              Most EV's would be charged at night which rules out solar unless solar electric can be stored for nigh time - wind is very unreliable. All in all the generating and distribution of power and charging of batteries is not very efficient at all. There are losses at every stage so its much greener to burn the fossil fuel directly in the car. I am a firm believer that engines can be made progressively cleaner and more efficient and hybrid is the way to go.

              People are being fed a load of untruths and partial truths on EV's

              Allan

              Comment


                #8
                Still think hybrids are the way forward, can't see EV being as sustainable as people would like to make out.
                Was reading an article in a paper the other day where someone bought a Renault Zoe which actually cost more to run than his previous petrol engine car, he's going to sell it for a hybrid.
                Can't imagine why anyone would want to see an electric motor, I imagine they will end up putting a fake plastic engine cover on it which looks like a V8.

                1966 Coupe: 1995-
                1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

                Comment


                  #9
                  If was ever going to go electric then it could only be something like this . .

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vTCK9ywBA&t=316s

                  but to be honest, it's a bit like playing Scalextric - the cars look great,
                  perform great but there's just something missing...

                  ...SOUND!!
                  New Stuff is NO Good!

                  1967 Ford Mustang Fastback

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I met one of the fabricators of the electric Mustang, the engineering is very cool on this car, they are expecting to build 100 units a year and the price is around 300k.

                    As well as my Mustang and Corvette I have an electric jaguar, and I can tell you as a petrol head, yes you miss the sound but the day to day performance is terrific and I dont mean just the 0-60 times

                    ian
                    Current 2013 Boss 302 SBY Laguna Seca

                    Previous

                    2013 Boss 302 SBY
                    2013 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Deep Impact Blue
                    2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red
                    2010 4.6V8 GT Premium Black

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by big red one View Post
                      I met one of the fabricators of the electric Mustang, the engineering is very cool on this car, they are expecting to build 100 units a year and the price is around 300k.

                      As well as my Mustang and Corvette I have an electric jaguar, and I can tell you as a petrol head, yes you miss the sound but the day to day performance is terrific and I dont mean just the 0-60 times

                      ian
                      I have no doubt that electric cars are good but not the answer to the problem
                      We couldn't generate enough electricity if everyone bought one.

                      1966 Coupe: 1995-
                      1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
                      2005 Mustang GT 2014-
                      2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

                        I have no doubt that electric cars are good but not the answer to the problem
                        We couldn't generate enough electricity if everyone bought one.
                        I couldn't agree more, its just "one" alternative
                        Current 2013 Boss 302 SBY Laguna Seca

                        Previous

                        2013 Boss 302 SBY
                        2013 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Deep Impact Blue
                        2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red
                        2010 4.6V8 GT Premium Black

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X