NEC volunteers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEC volunteers

I gotta say this and to be honest I am a bit embarrassed as it never occured to me before. Not to this level anyway.

I arrived at the Birmingham NEC today and my car had already been delivered to the MOCGB.net stand. Mustang owners club of Great Britain

At the Stand was Ian Kirby setting up the Video, lighting and Signage, his wife Julie arranging things, moving boxes and assisting her husband, Andy Phillips on his hands and knees laying carpet. A gent named Barry and another gent working away....these folks are not paid.....they are like you and me. They own companies, have jobs, have families and have obligations. They have taken 2, 3, 4 days out of their lives, schleped a bunch of stuff and a trailer many miles just to give our club a presence at this show and to hopefully allow it to grow and continue to prosper

I am just blown away at the selflessness of their actions in our behalf

I wanted to say thank you

I just hadn't given it much thought that when you show up at a show and there is a trailer, tent, lighting, seating.......etc...that a hell of alot of free labour was required to get it that way

Thanks folks and if I left out anyone I am sorry

The display looks amazing
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Having helped set up a NEC stand in the past the chore is much more tearing it down on Sunday compared to the relative excitement of setting it up on the Thursday. Facing the enormous drive to get away before the traffic jam of attendee cars joined by departing exhibitor cars causes mayhem is when the stand volunteers really do shine. Enjoy the event and hopefully someone can find the time to post up some pics onto the forum.

Comment

Due to time constraints, when I post photos its usually on facebook as I can drop 30 at a time. Internet at the hotel is shocking as well
      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

As Pete says, these folk put in a lot of hard work and are almost victims of their own success - it all looks so polished and smooth that visitors to the show are distracted by the sheer quality of the display and often don't take time to think about what went into getting it so good.

I'm really impressed with the subtle changes in the Club over the last year or two. I know there's a whole committee and many people have contributed a great amount, but the figurehead is Ian and I think he has made a real difference. The show presence is spectacular, the magazine is bigger and better than before and the whole thing feels more positive, I think, so congratulations to Ian and his team. I won't be on the Federation stand this year - there's a limit to how much voluntary work you can do in a year - but I'll come and say hello on Saturday.

Roger

Comment

Well said Peter and Roger, the stand looks so impressive and so much effort put in by the Committee team, they deserve the plaudits for the show and the strides the club have made since the changes in personnel.

Chris
          sigpic
          Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Comment

Working...
          X