2016 Vinyl Faded Stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Vinyl Faded Stripes

Is there anywhere in UK who can supply genuine Ford digital faded bonnet / roof stripes for 2016, just found a bit of damage from bird **** on the roof and the vinyl has lifted and is damaged,

Originally posted by jasper mini View Post
    Is there anywhere in UK who can supply genuine Ford digital faded bonnet / roof stripes for 2016, just found a bit of damage from bird **** on the roof and the vinyl has lifted and is damaged,
    Iíve got the same thing on my bonnet so will be interested in your success

Comment

I would have thought any decent local sign writer can copy them.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
      1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
      2005 Mustang GT 2014-
      2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

The OE stripes are actually lots of little dots reducing in size printed on a clear carrier so not easy to replicate at the usual vinyl suppliers or printers.
        You can buy the stripe decal sections from Ford but when I last checked they were astoundingly expensive. It was cheaper to have completed new stripes made so that's what we did.
        We had them print a graduated fade onto clear - it works well if there's a decent contrast between the body colour and the stripe colour. We added a pinstripe just because we could.
        This is the work of Joyce Design in Chelmsford - they know their stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6523.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1242041

Dave Jones

GT101 Limited
        www.gt101.co.uk

Comment

Only Ford will be able to supply genuine matching ones.

Any graphics printer supplying them won't be able to provide an exact match for 2 reasons.

1. They'll have Ford chasing them threatening Cease and Desist / prosecution
          2. It would take hours to map and produce an exact copy.

It's produced on a specific printer, GERBER and there doesn't appear to be too many companies in the U.K with them.

Another Cali Special owner I know of tried to get some side stripes printed but didn't find anyone who would do them
          She ended up buying some old stock off Ebay in the States.

This is what digital looks like close up, from my 2014 Cali Special side stripe.
          The amount of colour, in my case silver, changes along the fade.

From this at the front,
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Mustang digi stripe front.PNG Views:	0 Size:	575.2 KB ID:	1242047

To this at the rear, (the mark is a reflection off the camera)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mustang digi stripe rear.PNG Views:	0 Size:	560.8 KB ID:	1242048

Last edited by mad4v8; 11-11-2019, 11:48 AM.
          Stuart
          2014 GT/CS

Comment

Working...
          X