No announcement yet.

Mustang SUV - Mach E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget to be nice when the first owner turns up on here. I wonder if we will get the same whinging we had from the haters/owners of the S550 when that came out? Personally I'm a bit old school and don't like tech in cars for the sake of it.
    I see the point of the car but not the point of calling it a Mustang, why not produce a electric Mustang instead (and call it a Mustang) and call this thing something else.
    I see they are going to make a GT version with a fake front grille, looks a bit better.
    So on the future we will be having battery envy instead of cylinder envy, what fun!

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

0 to 62mph in 5 seconds isn't hanging about though.
      1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
      2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
      2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Probably got better range than mine on a full tank
        Frankenstang™ only available in Kernow

71-73 Supporters Group

Comment

Calling it a Mustang is a typical cynical Ford ploy. Makes me want to cry.

Comment

agreed, everytime they run through the various Mustang eras this daft eyesore will be there.

And now that its done and dusted, completely irrevocably changed the Mustang brand, it actually might make me choose this electric SUV over another.
            1969 302 Fastback

Comment

One good thing about it at least the Mustang 2 will lose it's position of the most derided Mustang. Can I point out that I actually quite like the Mustang 2 and was pleased to see one on the calendar this year.

Comment

I’m sure it is perfectly good appliance. It is not a Mustang in a month of Sundays

Comment

Originally posted by Chewbacca View Post
                  Re: Mule

they could have called it the Donk-E
                  That is far and away the best suggestion yet.

Good grief. Not sure I can take Ford seriously again. The SUV market is ridiculous in this time of supposed environmentalism - to have an electric SUV is just stupid. But then, you have to supply what the market wants, and the market is 50% composed of people with an IQ less than 100...

Off to look at a 2-door Mk1 Cortina GT for my brother this afternoon, he wants to relive 1973 again.*

* yes, 1973 - he didn't have his first one new

Comment

Originally posted by mach1mike View Post
                    Probably got better range than mine on a full tank
                    Nothing green about electric cars...

Comment

Originally posted by rsk289 View Post

Absolutely I think cradle to grave they are much less green than ICE cars.

Electric car vs V8 - its like a steam locomotive vs a DMU (diesel multi unit)
                      Allan

Comment

Off to look at a 2-door Mk1 Cortina GT for my brother this afternoon...
                        Ooh, very jealous..!
                        1966 Mustang Hardtop - Trans-Am tribute in the making..
                        1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
                        1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
                        1974 Ford Econoline E100

Comment

I'm sure that Mustang SUV will be popular on the school run with racy Mum's. But really it's Ford selling out it's greatest icon, to try and pay back it's $100 billion dept pile.

Yes, some of it's power will comes from our Coal Fire Power Stations, especially around winter.

1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
                          1970 Dodge Challenger A66
                          Mark

Comment

Mark,

Your car is the perfect example of why the name is totally wrong.
                            Mustang=performance coupe
                            Mach=performance version
                            E=Electric

So this car should be the hybrid electric Mustang car not a SUV.

It worries me Ford maybe doing the same as Audi are doing with the TT, turning a performance coupe into a SUV and this is stage 1

This is just a publicity stunt to get people talking about what would otherwise be yet another SUV

Now there are rumors of a even longer name

https://uk.motor1.com/news/383592/mu...-shelby-plans/

Comment

This is what is concerning me: This is a club for owners of Mustangs. There seems to be two clear camps regarding the Mach-E, those who can see there is absolutely no similarity between it and any other Mustang built since 1964 and those who think it is a Mustang on the basis it wears a badge that says as much. 'Other' groups or clubs are leaning heavily toward the latter view but what I would like to know is how this long established club will view the car and if it will be accepted and catered for within the club.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, there were some who derided the S550. From what I can recall it was only down to the styling which was clearly done to satisfy the global market to which it would be aimed. That aside, the S550 still followed all the Mustang characteristics of being a two door coupe or convertible, long hood/ short deck, 2+2 seating, rear wheel drive and some decent power under the hood.

What we have with the Mach-E is a vehicle that shares none of the characteristics of the previous 55 years of Mustang production. I think anyone with half a brain can see Ford's cynical attempt to cash in on the name of its longest selling and possibly best loved model. It draws attention to a demographic who otherwise wouldn't be able to have a 'real' Mustang due to personal cicumstances (ie: having to haul the wife, three kids, the dog, several bikes and the roof box around) or is sucked in to its so-called 'Green' credentials. We all know electric cars are coming en masse and an electric power plant in a two door, 2+2 coupe is fine by me.

This club needs to think carefully regarding this SUV. It shouldn't kowtow to some form of politically correct form of 'inclusiveness' simply because it has the Mustang badge on it. In recent days it has been quite evident that many within and outside of the Mustang owning community are pointing and laughing at it as well as seriously taking the mickey out of Ford for its very poor judgement in giving it the Mustang name. Do we need this sort of ridicule aimed at the club after 40 years of being established? My answer is emphatically No!

Alan

Comment

Totally agree Alan, well said.
                                1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                                2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                                2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X