No announcement yet.

Mustang SUV - Mach E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also totally agree with everything Alan has said but if this SUV thing is launched as a Mustang Mach E and carries the Mustang name I don't see how the club can refuse to accept club members who own one. I drafted out the most recent club mission statement for the committee and it clearly states that the club membership is open to all types of Mustangs and even people who do not own a Mustang. This mission statement is currently with the committee for consideration but is based on the original words drawn up many years ago. Perhaps it could be a topic for discussion at the AGM next month.
    Allan

Comment

I do see your point, I doubt anyone who has long yearned after Mustang ownership for years could be duped into believing this accomplishes that goal. However how can the club close its doors to new owners of this car, perhaps they join on the understanding the car isn't recognised as a Mustang by members here. I'm not one of them....it sadly is a Mustang, albeit through cynical marketing yes. As long as it has the name I'll let the change flow over me in a zen like fashion

1969 302 Fastback

Comment

Who would have thought that it will become embarrassing to say that you have a Mustang and the other person presumes you mean the SUV. Might sell mine out of the shame of being associated with it.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
        1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
        2005 Mustang GT 2014-
        2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Dave, I think you are spot on with this SUV being a total embarrasment to the Mustang name. With this in mind, Allan, your comment on the club mission statement being up for discussion means that this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Whilst I agree that anyone can join despite what they drive, it should not follow that there must be a slot in this forum to discuss the new car.

From my previous post the SUV may well have been given the Mustang name, but it is neither a sports coupe or convertible like every other member's car on here. You could scribble 'Mustang' on the side of a four wheeled skip, but it doesn't give it any sort of entitlement to be compared with our cars. Using that arguement the SUV shouldn't be given space on here. I'm sure whosoever buys one would rather associate with other owners on their own forums or social media groups anyway, but it's preferable to try and neutralise the inevitable sniggering and xxxx taking from other muscle car groups now as opposed to later when the Mustang name has been well and truely sullied.

Alan

Comment

It could get better...
            2005 Mustang GT Convertible
            1971 Triumph TR6

Comment

Don't know what all the fuss is about, Bentley make a SUV, Aston Martin have just introduced one, sign of the times and what people want to buy.
              1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
              2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
              2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                Might sell mine out of the shame of being associated with it.
                I’m sure that’s not the case.... but just in case anyone has a Boss 302 going for really cheap after this fiasco then please let me know.
                1969 302 Fastback

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
                  Don't know what all the fuss is about, Bentley make a SUV, Aston Martin have just introduced one, sign of the times and what people want to buy.
                  Don't think anyone has a problem with Ford making a SUV.
                  Have you seen the Bentley, that is a horrible looking car!

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

Originally posted by acd1t View Post
                    Dave, I think you are spot on with this SUV being a total embarrasment to the Mustang name. With this in mind, Allan, your comment on the club mission statement being up for discussion means that this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. Whilst I agree that anyone can join despite what they drive, it should not follow that there must be a slot in this forum to discuss the new car.

From my previous post the SUV may well have been given the Mustang name, but it is neither a sports coupe or convertible like every other member's car on here. You could scribble 'Mustang' on the side of a four wheeled skip, but it doesn't give it any sort of entitlement to be compared with our cars. Using that arguement the SUV shouldn't be given space on here. I'm sure whosoever buys one would rather associate with other owners on their own forums or social media groups anyway, but it's preferable to try and neutralise the inevitable sniggering and xxxx taking from other muscle car groups now as opposed to later when the Mustang name has been well and truely sullied.

Alan
                    I am planning to go to the AGM so will raise this subject under AOB. I still think, if this SUV ends up being named a Mustang by Ford, that it would be difficult to exclude it from club Mustang line up at a show. This said I agree we could well be set up for a lot of ribbing thanks to Ford's stupid decision.
                    Allan

Comment

Well I have one on order and I can assure you when I get it you will be at risk
                      of me parking next to you at shows and events it’s called a Mustang Mach E therefore it is fully entitled to join this club and be a member, what next no Bullitts because it has no reference to Mustang on car sorry but like the 550 get used to it and if mustang USA except it then so will you

thank you

PS mine is on order

Comment

Ford UK are advertising them:

https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/mustang-mach-e

There'll be thousands of them so better get used to the idea.
                        1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                        2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                        2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

They could have called it a Kuga as it has more in common with that model than it will ever have with a Mustang. I am sure it will be a perfectly good modern car if you like that sort of thing, still not a Mustang in the real sense.
                          Wonder if Chevy and Dodge will follow suit with their own version of Camaro and Challenger? Or maybe Viper and Vette people carrier.

2005 Mustang GT 2014-

Comment

I see the specification details are on the website now, and they promote it is worthy of the Mustang name due to the performance, so I did some research.
                            The funny thing is the 0-60 time of a Mustang Mach E is less than a second quicker than our Beetle diesel daily driver :-)
                            Mach E <8.0, 2014 Beetle diesel 8.6, and it has the same 0-60 time as a 1.4 TSi according to Parkers.

Comment

Originally posted by AMBullitt View Post
                              Well I have one on order and I can assure you when I get it you will be at risk
                              of me parking next to you at shows and events it’s called a Mustang Mach E therefore it is fully entitled to join this club and be a member, what next no Bullitts because it has no reference to Mustang on car sorry but like the 550 get used to it and if mustang USA except it then so will you

thank you

PS mine is on order
                              Haha, not sure what the aggression is for though. Aggressive behaviour won’t have people warming to you at shows and you may find people distance themselves from you. I like to think that this owners club is a friendly place not like that Facebook tripe. Im not a lover of the car and won’t buy one but I won’t be rude to you or make demands.
                              2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
                              2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
                              2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Lol I am just stating a fact not being aggressive at all, it all pretty normal to have anything new which does fit the mood to be knocked so expect nothing different and we all line different things, but from the majority of the feedback from forums I don’t think the Mach E will get a friendly warm reception TBH

Comment

Working...
                                X