Mustang SUV - Mach E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AMBullitt View Post
    Lol I am just stating a fact not being aggressive at all, it all pretty normal to have anything new which does fit the mood to be knocked so expect nothing different and we all line different things, but from the majority of the feedback from forums I don’t think the Mach E will get a friendly warm reception TBH
    I will ask at the AGM tomorrow but I can't see from the clubs present mission statement how the car could be excluded when it carries the Mustang name, it would put the club in an awkward position as we even welcome members who do not own Mustangs. As Mustangs go it is outside what the present idea (concept) of a Mustang is but it may well be the future and how things go. I can remember back in the late 70's when the idea of the muscle car and V8s were thought to be confined to history - but that never happened as power has gone up and up. Its very difficult to predict.
    Allan

Comment

Agree Alan

so how was the meeting, sorry was up north so could not attend

MarkT

Comment

It was bound to happen at some point an electric mustang if you look at you tube lots of people going on about it and loads make the comment that the worst thing Ford did to tarnish the mustang name was release the S550 with the 2.3 eco boom POS engine their words not mine .
        personally the spec of it and features its a great car not 100% sold that they should have put mustang on it but they have .
        Its got some classic mustang features in its styling .
        At the end of the day its done and we have to live with it ,no need to run off to the hills and sell your mustang its not likely that they would turn up to shows or meets but hey if they did I would want a look s .
        I have had the same resentment for owning a S550 at some meets its not a classic its not a left hand drive at the end of the day its a mustang and the GT version is seriously fast
        Its good business sense for ford to market as a mustang they are not around to keep the mustang clubs happy.
        I agree that the overall green ness of electric vehicles is debatable with raping of the world for the nicad batteries that take place and the limited lifetime of them and you only moving the pollution from streets to power stations I think hydrogen is the way to go myself the most abundant element in the universe.

Comment

I really think that some of you are missing the point.
          It has nothing to do with 0-60 times or top speed, nothing to do with engine size or even the fact it has an electric motor or two (or more maybe), or what colour it is.
          The point is that it has nothing in common with any Mustang ever built and doesn't even resemble one in anyway. Ok the lights might be similar and it has a horse badge stuck on it but that about it. You could do exactly the same with a Mondeo/Fiesta/Focus etc or even the Ranger and have a pickup version, why not?
          With regards to marketing I don't see the connection between the two, surely no one will go into a showroom to buy a S550 and come out with one of them instead or visa versa?

1966 Coupe: 1995-
          1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
          2005 Mustang GT 2014-
          2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AMBullitt View Post
            Agree Alan

so how was the meeting, sorry was up north so could not attend

MarkT
            The meeting was good. Minutes will be put up on the members section of the forum. Essentially the club had a very good year with membership up on last year, with a lot of people joining at the Excel and NEC shows. Lots of successful events in 2019 including the Santa Pod meeting which will be repeated in 2020. I wont say more as I don't want to steal anyones thunder.

As for the Mach E I did raise this topic and the general feeling in the meeting is that whilst the car is not in the same mould as the Mustang has been todate it is a Ford car and it has the Mustang name so essentially it has to be accepted in the club. This said the committee took an action to discuss the things further and (I think) issue an "official" club response.
            Allan

Comment

Thanks Allan

Comment

Working...
              X