How do you work out starting price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you work out starting price?

I am seriously thinking of selling my car next year (get a years ticket on it and a service and wait will spring) and was looking for some advice on a starting price. I've looked on US sites and converted but is that the right way to do it? I've also looked at similar models over here. Is it simply a case of what I want or am prepared to go down to?
    2008 Bullitt

Depends on your needs I suppose. Need the money - then it's an ebay auction or sell to the trade. If it's because you want a change and aren't desperate or in a rush, I'd say you need to research sold prices in the build up to listing yours for sale to make yours competitively priced. Then when it comes time to sell take time to take some good photos and write a good advert to make yours stand out. List some key selling features and what might make yours stand out from the crowd.

In the end you will have someone make an offer and it'll be down to you to decide, based on your mindset and personal circumstances, what you'd accept.
    2018 V8 Shadow Edition in Platinum White.

Comment

2008 Bullitt I assume?

You can always put the price down if it's too much.
      Posting on Facebook and on here will get opinions (not all good or helpfull) about the price.

There's one on Ebay now about to end with no bids.
      Maybe one to keep an eye on if it comes on again and sells.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bullitt ebay 2008.PNG
Views:	164
Size:	554.6 KB
ID:	1242259
      Stuart
      2014 GT/CS

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Good idea about eBay. I've had a little look around and found another on Pistonheads as well.
        2008 Bullitt

Comment

As you mentioned, I would certainly wait until spring, you’re going to get it serviced and mot’d so I feel you’re doing all the right things to build confidence in the buyer and possibly command a stronger price.
          2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
          2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
          2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Originally posted by Musti View Post
            As you mentioned, I would certainly wait until spring, you’re going to get it serviced and mot’d so I feel you’re doing all the right things to build confidence in the buyer and possibly command a stronger price.
            For sure. Far to close to Christmas to be thinking about selling / buying a Mustang - what with the bad weather on the way etc
            2008 Bullitt

Comment

Working...
            X