S550 Oracle Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S550 Oracle Lights

Has anyone fitted any of these on their S550?

Watch "2015-2017 Mustang Install | Oracle Lighting Dynamic ColorSHIFT LED Headlights" on YouTube https://youtu.be/W2wdTA6D_s4
    Present drive S550 Lhd Convertible EcoBoost

I saw them on YouTube myself ​​​​​​ are you tempted mate?

Comment

Looks like a Police magnet to me.
      1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
      2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
      2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

I was tempted but dont fancy having to take the bumper off ( unless i actually have to if a headlight needed replacing)
        They can still be driven with white lights for legal purposes but do look awesome in the dif colours
        I still need to change my side light and switch back bulbs to the led kit which i have - just waiting for a warmer day lol

Comment

I personally don’t like them, I think they’re vulgar but it’s your car. You’ll love then until they break when you have warranty and will have to let to send them back to the USA as you won’t have any legal support to return. you have have to have the angles corrected so they’re UK legal.
          I assume they’re not cheap.
          2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
          2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
          2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

$840 are you mad? Clever and maybe a bit of fun for 100 but are you really going to consider what will probably be over a 1000!?

Comment

I wont be bothering they just looked like fun but as you guys say alot of dollar for the amount of time they will be used especially how much work to change them

Comment

If you look on face book AP mustang customs he does that its about 500 and he can make you none functioning drl sequential indicators too he did mine but I only wanted white DRL as per us spec his works good I know a few people had his work now .

Comment

Thanks for info:)

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
                    Looks like a Police magnet to me.
                    It’s a good point Geoff . I wonder how we would stand ‍♂️Because they do have a normal setting ​​​​​ So could they actually give a defect notice or whatever. I think if they caught someone going down the M1 with red or green headlights they have got you by the balls lol but could they do you for having a headlight that potentially can even if you don’t. Lol

Comment

I had a quick look at the MoT regs and whilst the operation and aim of the headlights are checked I couldn't find anything specific about the colour of the lights. No doubt it is buried somewhere under operation. To be honest if you are driving with the lights set to white who is going to know about the other capabilities the lights have. I think it would be very silly and dangerous if you drove at night with them set to red and any other colour or weird effect would certainly attract the law. You'd probably get a lot of flashes with people thinking your headlights were on the blink. To me it would be a good thing at a night time meeting and certainly a talking point but at the cost I think its a lot of money for a bit of a gimmick.
                      Allan

Comment

It's in the "Construction and Use" regs that front lighting must be white and rear red but I can't be bothered to find the link, it's well known.
                        1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                        2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                        2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

They wont have type approval anyway so would they not be illegal regardless of the colour?

Comment

And with our any chance of not paying you insurance companies would probably think that they had the best excuses ever not to pay anything

Comment

It's amazing how far the technology has come but and there must be come practical application but not sure I'd want them fitted to my car.
                              1969 302 Fastback

Comment

Working...
                              X