self isolation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

self isolation

Ok so today I had an idea if I have to put my self in isolation can I stay in my workshop for 7 to 14 days doing my car and how do I convince my wife that it's the right thing to do.

Just cough a lot when you are at home, she won't want it so will probably be more than happy for you to work on your car.
    I have quite a list of jobs to do on my son's various Land Rovers so I will be busy for a week or two.

Comment

I have met you sir, I think if you told your wife she won't see you for 7 to 14 days she would say to make it an even 20 to be on the safe side. :-)
      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

The problem is if you're sick enough the have to self isolate, your not well enough to do anything.
        Stuart
        2014 GT/CS

Comment

I'm 75 + Cancer + self isolation and it's no laughing matter I can assure you. Never been so bored for so long and there's a couple of months to go yet!
          1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
          2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
          2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Stay safe Geoff.
            Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
            We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Fortunately I am healthy but there is no way I could sit indoors for weeks I'd get cabin fever. This said I drove the Mustang to a clay pigeon shoot today and there was nothing on the road. I could even see some tarmac on the M25 - a great drive. Gave the car a good thrashing and then a nice relaxed shoot with not too many people, followed by a drink in the pub. Not a bad Sunday. I really hope this stuff blows itself out before too long I am getting fed up with idiot panic buying behavior and the cancellation of every event etc. Remember the last foot and mouth outbreak?
              Allan

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffW View Post
                I'm 75 + Cancer + self isolation and it's no laughing matter I can assure you. Never been so bored for so long and there's a couple of months to go yet!
                Take care Geoff. To be fair it would drive me mad, bad enough when it is a wet weekend.
                My Dad is in the same boat as you, except he has my mum for company.

Comment

Geoff take care mate I no what you are going thru my mum is 90 and dad is 94 and they are scared xxxxless

Comment

Hope you're winning with the big C Geoff? Best of luck!

My Mum is 91 and listens to TV & 'wireless' all day long.....and is scared out of her mind. I said I could help by cutting the plugs off the TV & radio but she wasn't impressed.

I read an interesting article the other day that theorised this obsessive media frenzy is punishment for the public not being led by the nose over Brexit. Obviously its getting serious but the meeja luvvies do seem to be enjoying it just a little too much don't they? (or is that just the cynic in me?)

Herts & North London Area secretary.
                    Committee Member - Events - Motorsport

Comment

Ah, the Media.
                      Lets show lots of pictures of empty shelves, again and again, that'll stop people rushing out and hoarding.

I would have thought the Government could stick a "D" notice or whatever they're called nowadays to stop images of empty shelves and others which may cause unneeded panic buying.

There may be some Media controls in the forthcoming emergency powers.
                      Stuart
                      2014 GT/CS

Comment

That and reigning in Auntie Beeb would certainly be a start I think.

There's a fine balance between 'Freedom of the press' and Murdoch running the country.

Nobody wants N Korea style government but sometimes the Media do seem outta control don't they?

Comment

I've just been made redundant from work, the work load has fallen off a cliff over the last 2 months, literally no new orders.

I'm also an asthma sufferer and have been told to self isolate due to a cold.

And my mother has been diagnosed with terminal heart failure and has weeks to live.

So things aren't to good at the moment!
                          1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
                          1970 Dodge Challenger A66
                          Mark

Comment

Blimey Mark - Sounds like you're having a terrible time of it at the moment. Hope your life gets back on track as quickly as possible. Best of luck with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                              Hope you're winning with the big C Geoff? Best of luck!
                              Thanks Roy, currently on some Xtandi tablets which cost 97.65 per day which seem to be working well keeping it at bay.

This isolation thing is mega boring though.
                              1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                              2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                              2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Working...
                              X