Classic car prices, the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic car prices, the future?

Well, with the markets falling through the floor business shutting down around the world,people loosing their jobs etc due to the world health situation,

Im sure Im not the only one wondering whats going to happen to the market with our Mustangs and other rides, Its going to take years for the markets to get back from this Virus situation.

Pension investment funds have had a massive loss too.

So what's your thoughts?

Don't think it will change much regarding classics I'll be more worried about the newer ones
    07 Cali special
    68 fastback
    75 grannycoupev8

Comment

Depends how long this goes on for. If it goes on for a year and there's mass unemployment people will get desperate and prices will go down. If it's contained quickly then prices should remain stable.
      1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
      1970 Dodge Challenger A66
      Mark

Comment

Short term value low for obvious reasons.
        long term value poor due to environmental reasons, sooner or later I think restrictions will be put on the use of them.
        If you are rich you will be fine and they will become more of a trading commodity rather than a car.

Comment

I don't believe we have seen retrospective restrictions yet. I noted that even the DEFRA coal burning/sale ban does not apply to traction engines or museums or indeed preserved railways. It will mean that when mines in this country shut down then everyone will have to import coal which will be less green than mining in this country!!. I've seen classics steadily rise, there was a WWII Willys jeep for sale the other day for 25K and I can remember when I could have bought one 15 years ago for around 2K. I really don't think they are worth 25K as they are so impractical for everyday use. There could well be a slump in the market due to this virus and less money in the economy but people who want higher end classics always seem to have the money.
          Allan

Comment

Interesting times indeed, short term its not great. I hope some of the people providing services for our cars will continue to keep safe and keep their businesses up and running.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought there are many on here who think a car is an investment, some are the same as your washing machine and some are enthusiasts machines. If you get a few quid more back than you paid then it's a bonus, but I bet if you add up what you've paid out for maintenance etc it ain't much.

If you're sat on cash there will be bargains to be had from people who have too many plates spinning to ride this out.

The lower pollution and traffic density isn't going unnoticed though and I think our pariah status will only grow.

The worldwide economic fall out from this will make old car problems a very low prority which could be a blessing, but then again you might not be around to care.

Comment

Well so far all I have seen is a few poor examples come onto the market in the USA with the low prices being blamed on the virus. The cars are not even worth the prices posted. I have yet to see a sacrifice sale price. And I wouldn't expect to as the demand is still there. I had two enquiries today and a sale pending on another. I sold a 65 about a week and a half ago as well.

Yes, if the economy craps itself prices will go down but that doesn't mean the cars are in any less demand. Folks still want these cars whether the economy is good or bad. The only change is folks don't buy in a poor economic outlook. Take brexit. Sales were depressed. As soon as things looked better sales picked up immediately.

Look at it this way, If things get really bad, everything will go down. Used newer cars, houses, vacation homes, campers, Etc. Everything will be depressed along with our classics

Mustangs have been in vogue for 50 plus years. They are not going away anytime soon.

Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

'Mustangs have been in vogue for 50 plus years. They are not going away anytime soon'.

Sir, I really like that statement.
                  sigpic
                  You can never have enough black under the hood.

Comment

Totally agree Pete. I remember the classic car crash of 1990/91. Interest rates were going crazy and people needed cash, so everyone dumped their classic cars on the market and no one was buying. This may go a similar way if things carry on.

Having said that, as you say, everyone loves a Mustang and they'll always sell at the right price.
                    Mark

Comment

I hope they don't drop but if they do I'm in the market for another 68 69 or 70 fastback
                      07 Cali special
                      68 fastback
                      75 grannycoupev8

Comment

Yep, looking forward to buying up a nice 68 Fastback Bullitt for 15 grand.
                        Mark

Comment

Mark B, I will take 10
                          Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                          We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

very sad and bad times at the moment, as been around these for 40 years now....seen prices go up and up, and stabilise, but now is a bad time, as these mustangs/yanks are only toys...we love em, but its not a necessity, so sales will be down, and prices may drop if people need to cash out to raise funds in this crisis situation....the thing is its getting people to come out, and finding people to part with any money if they are pulling in their belts....if you need money bad/quick, they only people may be the dealers willing to purchase, or putting cars up at prices to attract buyers to jump, meaning car prices will come down....if you dont need to sell, tuck em away in the garage, but if you are looking to buy it maybe a good time with prices lower. i sold a 67 shelby clone 2 weeks ago for 25k which was cheap, but not sure if it would have sold this week with people told to stay inside....all i can say if watch the market, but its not a good time if you are desperate for money unless you put your car up cheaper to attract buyers....just keep your fingers crossed, and stay at home and self isolate in your garage and pamper your mustang, but if your toy has to go, its a sad time for those people as a lot of people will suffer at the moment.
                            sigpic
                            69 MACH 1 351/4V AUTO
                            69 428 COBRAJET 4-SPEED (SOLD)
                            69 GT500 AUTO (SOLD

Comment

Mark B? Very funny. Like you'll ever see a '68 bullitt at that price
                              Agree with what both Peters have said but even if desperate folk do try and move their muzzles cheaply, who would dare to go and view them in the current lockdown? Maybe some people will think it's worth the 30 fine but the social implication should be a much greater consideration. Not an easy time I would suggest.
                              . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

Comment

Working...
                              X