Small paint bubble on bonnet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small paint bubble on bonnet.

Looking for some advice, I have a very small bubble appear on the bonnet lip of my S550 Mustang. I have googled it to death and I know this is a Ford issue but .. from what I gather it's a reaction between steel and aluminium. My question is..does anybody know if this can be treated (whole bonnet treated) or does it have to have a new bonnet.

Ford released this guidance a few years ago, ultimately its useless and an aftermarket bonnet is the only true remedy. You can spray waxoyl in the recesses under the bonnet to help ease it but again it’s only a matter of time......

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/filedata/fetch?id=1134392
    2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
    2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
    2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Thanks Musti, fair enough, guess I'll start looking at Cervini etc

Comment

How old is your car? Maybe it’s still covered by the warranty?

Comment

Yeah that was on going before lock down, they haven't inspected it yet but I'm concerned there was a stone chip repair close to it which had to be filled and sprayed so I have no doubt it will be their ' get out clause '.

Comment

Still worth a try, could save you a small fortune.

Comment

I’ve just been through it along with Bedford muscle. You are covered under the perforation warranty for 60k or 6 years depending on which comes first!! But you have to have had a pain inspection at 2 years and then yearly after for your warranty to be valid( they didn’t tell me that as well as most owners I spoke with) I did have my inspection although the previous owner didn’t however as they had taken my money to inspect my paint and also not informed me when purchasing the car eventually they couched up and repaired it and gave me a 6 year warranty on the work which was carried out by RGR
              So, a few weeks ago, i saw another S550 2016MY parked up. With a big smile on my face, walked towards it & noticed that the bottom right of the hood (where hood meets the lights) was bubbling with rust. At about 10 meters, it was quite noticeable. I thought to myself, ' the owner needs to get that looked asap' and then

Comment

There’s the thread a few of us are involved I hope it helps. If you contact ford crc and open a case it may speed up the process

Comment

Over time some parts of your Ford vehicle may need replacing. Click here for our Ford warranty FAQs to find all the answers about Ford Warranties.

Comment

Thank you all, i will chase it up with Day's Swansea Ford as soon as it's safe to do so.They have been sent photos via email as requested and i was waiting for a response just before lock down. Again, thanks for help.

Comment

You are very welcome mate ps have you been having your paint inspection annually?

Comment

Hi, yes it was done along side last service at Ford, cheers.

Comment

You shouldn’t have any problems then ​​​​​

Comment

Took mine to Ford before lockdown and hey presto not covered !!!
                            My local spray guy i used when i bought and sold cars is going to do mine, which is above the n/s head light and also a small dink that was on the bumper (previous owne) with a full mop of car for 300
                            So getting him to do small coupke of rust bubbling on my 2013 transit above the windows for extra 100
                            Hopefully in next few weeks as hes back at work
                            Present drive S550 Lhd Convertible EcoBoost

Comment

Working...
                            X