MOCGB Membership Cost increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOCGB Membership Cost increase

The MOCGB UK Membership price has increased to 25 per annum with effect from today. The increased costs of posting the magazine has meant for a short while, it actually was costing the club for every new member that signed up.
    Overseas membership has increased to to 40. The Digital membership remains unchanged at 15.00

Anyone who has an existing and active PayPal subscription will be honoured until that subscription payment ends. This typically is when the card attached to the PayPal account expires.
    The last time we increased the club Membership Fee has around 2007, when we saw many new members join the club following the launch of the S197. We later aligned both the Cheque, Cash and PayPal amounts.

The MOCGB Committee still believe the membership fee remains good value and we continue to strive to deliver interesting content in Round Up and organise shows and events that members want to attend.

Regards

MOCGB Committee

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
    1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
    1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Originally posted by Webmaster View Post
    The MOCGB UK Membership price has increased to 25 per annum with effect from today. The increased costs of posting the magazine has meant for a short while, it actually was costing the club for every new member that signed up.
    Overseas membership has increased to to 40. The Digital membership remains unchanged at 15.00

Anyone who has an existing and active PayPal subscription will be honoured until that subscription payment ends. This typically is when the card attached to the PayPal account expires.
    The last time we increased the club Membership Fee has around 2007, when we saw many new members join the club following the launch of the S197. We later aligned both the Cheque, Cash and PayPal amounts.

The MOCGB Committee still believe the membership fee remains good value and we continue to strive to deliver interesting content in Round Up and organise shows and events that members want to attend.

Regards

MOCGB Committee

And the committee is correct it’s fantastic value ​​​​​​ no brainier for any Mustang owner or enthusiast

Comment

Sure is good value, Im happy with the new fees
      Present drive S550 Lhd Convertible EcoBoost

Comment

No moans from me. Best club & magazine. Committee doing great work reviving things.

Comment

They sure are, also agree best site for advice to
          Present drive S550 Lhd Convertible EcoBoost

Comment

Like they said.

2005 GT- 'Big Stang'
            Moved on 1969 302 Fastback - 'ASBO'
            Past but not forgotten 1974 Mustang II - 'Pink Pony'. 1991 Firebird - 'Big Bird'

Comment

Got my vote too!

Comment

You know this means my kids are going to go hungry!!
                Allan

Comment

A real shame the Facebook page killed off the forum..

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
                  01992 890969..............07590 431511
                  www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
                  https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Comment

Originally posted by phil k View Post

Phil
                    Really what part did it kill off - I still see active posts everyday ?
                    Editor Round Up
                    2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
                    2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
                    1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Phil
                      I sense that too Phil, hopefully in time the FB users switch to here but I won’t hold my breath, all clubs are in the same position I feel. The only forum I access now that is full of activity is a straight razor/traditional shave forum blade and badger but that’s heavily dominated by the US audience.
                      I was against the FB/Instagram group but over time understand the club has to be visible on these platforms or ultimately overtime will slip off into obscurity. I’ve heard there’s loads going on on FB with the other Mustang groups, not just meets, whole new areas for buying and selling parts, club masks (don’t get me started on those) and a buzzing online social community with way more posts per day than what we get here unfortunately but that’s how it is. I think the data found on this forum is brilliant and although I do struggle with the forum since the big change a while ago it’s still a valuable resource.
                      I maybe tempted to switch to a online only membership if I can download the magazine to an iPad, anyone know if this can be done please?
                      2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
                      2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
                      2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

As I was tidying/filing all my car club mags, it occurred to me that I haven't seen a roundup for a while. I have an auto-authorisation with PayPal, my credit card hasn't expired but my membership appears to have been cancelled - hence no mag. Why has this happened, please?
                        Andy

sigpic

Comment

Phil
                          Being on the forum for many years I would have to agree with that, regardless of the usual figures which are pulled out of the hat each time this conversation comes up.
                          If I was a new owner and stumbled across this forum I would probably not join as the impression is nothing much happens, probably a poor year to use as a comparison but never mind
                          But I have to say Phil you used to be a prolific poster on here, especially with your resto threads and technical advice, but not anymore, have you moved to Facebook or don't bother anymore due to lack of feedback/traffic on here?
                          Anyway back to topic, membership price still seems very good value to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post

Being on the forum for many years I would have to agree with that, regardless of the usual figures which are pulled out of the hat each time this conversation comes up.
                            If I was a new owner and stumbled across this forum I would probably not join as the impression is nothing much happens, probably a poor year to use as a comparison but never mind
                            But I have to say Phil you used to be a prolific poster on here, especially with your resto threads and technical advice, but not anymore, have you moved to Facebook or don't bother anymore due to lack of feedback/traffic on here?
                            Anyway back to topic, membership price still seems very good value to me.
                            I post pics on my business Facebook page. I was going to join the MOCGB Facebook page but was advise I couldn't because I was a business. Quite weird when you look at other peoples posts on there who quite clearly are running a business. Still, if your face doesn't fit so be it.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by G19 View Post

Really what part did it kill off - I still see active posts everyday ?
                              Try looking harder. It's 16:48 on a Saturday afternoon and there are currently 6 members using the forum...Do you honestly think this is satisfactory? I can remember when the forum would have 30-40 plus members per session on here pretty much daily at any given time.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X