MOCGB Membership Cost increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Comments.
    Price increase no problem compared to other subscriptions and good value.
    I have gone digital this time at renewal due to having all my magazine subscriptions on my tablet,save the trees and all that. Used the forum a few times and members have been really helpful.Social media not into any of that but my wife loves it due to having friends and family in Australia and New Zealand ,seems to kill normal conversation ,still millions love it but its not for me.
    Keep Safe
    Dave

Comment

Too old to bother with Facebook and very wary of the dangers it poses. Like the girl at the local pub who was in utter shock when she was sacked for often being on her phone (and repeatedly warned) instead of serving customers !! I used to tell people at work how strong the glue on their phones must be as it was permanently attached to their hand. I worked in a call centre and use of phones was banned - but the threat of being sacked meant nothing as the phone obsession was all powerful.

So in my - clearly a minority view - best stay well clear !! . .

Clubs - I was in the Jaguar Drivers Club, but soon gave that up as I went to a couple of meetings and it was all rich people with new cars so turned their nose up at me in my 15 year old E-type that was hardly pristine.

The Triumph Sports Six Club was very good. Local monthly meetings near Preston and then when I moved to Yorkshire, similar near Queensbury in W Yorkshire. I had a 2 litre Vitesse convertible and the help and source of spare parts and the magazine were invaluable. I even broke a Herald - bought for 10 plus a 5 tow and passed on lots of spares from that at fair prices. I soon recouped the 15 !! No forum as it was pre computer days !

Then the Twintop Owners Club - for VX Twintops and the legendary issues with the folding steel roof - great in theory - awful in practise as they failed regularly. That Forum was invaluable for advice. Loved the 2 cars I had - 150 BHP diesels on up to 60 mpg, but the roof issues finished them off for me. Especially when the 700 extended 3 year VX warranty I bought did not cover me for the wiring room, which was the issue in those cars.

Comment

After all that I forget to conclude that I think 25 a year for membership is well worth it for the advice available.

Comment

Originally posted by JPJH View Post
          After all that I forget to conclude that I think 25 a year for membership is well worth it for the advice available.
          I just renewed my membership but I hope others will feel for my kids as I just spent their Xmas present money on this membership. After all I am only a poor retired person!!!

I would like to be a little more active on the FB side of things but it seems to jam up my older computer and also my phone. I hate it when you have to have the latest technology just to be able to participate. I think my kids get a new phone each month just to keep up with what they do. Its just a big self licking lollipop really. Make something obsolete in a month and keep everyone spending millions on IT.
          Allan

Comment

Don't do it Allan!! Don't be more active on there!! It'll rob you of something...probably your sanity!!

What does make me laugh about FB is the number of people who want to befriend me. And I know none of them.

How do they know I am even a nice person ?

Give me a car club any day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daz-RSK View Post
              Don't do it Allan!! Don't be more active on there!! It'll rob you of something...probably your sanity!!

What does make me laugh about FB is the number of people who want to befriend me. And I know none of them.

How do they know I am even a nice person ?

Give me a car club any day!!
              Yes I have a gazillian friend requests from people I have never met. There are some people who believe they are popular because they have 200 FB friends. Its total cr@p. Also the junk that is on these threads leave me totally cold about the whole thing however, I have been on some US Mustang FB pages and they seem a lot better and stick to the topic of the page, they are not afflicted with an overwhelming desire to post a picture of their breakfast to everyone.
              Allan

Comment

I still find it staggering that you can't change a PayPal subscription amount without cancelling the current one and setting up a new payment.
                Roo

'09 GT/CS Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Roo View Post
                  I still find it staggering that you can't change a PayPal subscription amount without cancelling the current one and setting up a new payment.
                  It's actually the same issue with any Subscription. I am looking at other payment providers, and NONE allow us to do this. I am about to add Stripe, for those people who do not want to use PayPal. And again, it does not allow for the agreement price to be varied.
                  It is convenient for members and the treasurer and membership secretary to have the majority of payments auto pay. Approximately 65% of payments are made this way.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
                  1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
                  1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Working...
                  X