Car covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car covers

Has any one purchased the Coverzone Stormforce car cover, i have read mixed reviews of these, is the Hamilton Classic with fleece lining better,
    then also been advised not to cover the car at all if left outside.

A lot of people rave about the Halfords one to be fair, I personally don’t like them but that’s another story, it’s a preference thing.
    2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
    2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
    2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

I wouldn't keep a nice classic outside. It pained me to keep the series land rover outside, bought a cheap cover in the end, made a world of difference.

Comment

On another forum I visit the crowd there seem sold on carcoon's, a blow up - so ventilated - bubble. I did ask how bouncy cat reslient they are and never got a reply but some people seem to really like them, maybe in cat free areas.

Comment

I used Stormforce covers on previous cars (911’s), and was very happy with them. Good in all weathers! I have the FORD genuine outdoor cover for my GT fastback and it’s been good - if you don’t mind the “not very subtle” MUSTANG script along the back... Had it for over 2 years with no issues.
          Attached Files

Comment

I went for a cover from CJ Pony Parts while I was doing my big suspension order, and so far am very impressed. It kept the car dry as a bone all last winter, and is doing great so far this year as well. Also rolls into a nice bag so it can go in the boot if I take the car somewhere for a weekend and rain's forecast.

n

Comment

Has anyone got any experience of indoor covers. I’m after a cover to protect my car from accidental damage and dust etc while in my garage. I was thinking of one of those stretch type covers. O want it to be a good for for my 68. I’ve got fed up with searching and reading. Can’t settle on one in particular, I need someone to say to me this is what you need.

Comment

I'm pretty sold on one of the CoverCraft indoor covers (either the Flannel or Block-It Dustop). Spent some time searching too and discovered this which are custom made to fit a number of different cars including Mustang. I haven't got one yet but completely planning on ordering one to help keep the dust off the car while it's in the garage.
                sigpic

Comment

Inky5.0 can you tell me how much was the ford car cover ?
                  thank you
                  Present drive S550 Lhd Convertible EcoBoost

Comment

Also anyone know of any kind of strap etc to hold the covers down as the one I have keeps blowing off in the wind
                    Present drive S550 Lhd Convertible EcoBoost

Comment

I would never cover a classic inside

paint needs to breath. I have seen plenty of damage from indoor covers. Microblistering most common. A nylon dish sheet laid over or a few bedsheets if you are that bothered
                      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

We use a carcoon outside. I can’t imagine a cat getting on top of it as it’s quite high. Had it up in all weathers.

only pain is you really need two persons as it’s heavy
                        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Seriously!!! You wouldn’t cover a classic inside? I’m both Interested, and slightly bothered. I like many many others I guess use our garages for a lot more that storing our cars in.
                          It’s only a matter of time before someone ribs a bike pedal up the side of the car, something is dropped on it, dust from
                          woodworking tools etc etc, this list is endless, it never occurred to me that a nice figure hugging cover would damage the car. Why would that happen?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8031.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1255173
                            Originally posted by Kitchenfitter View Post
                            Also anyone know of any kind of strap etc to hold the covers down as the one I have keeps blowing off in the wind
                            I made my own by using these Auto Locking Bungee Hooks and 6mm Bungee Cord it works but the 8mm cord might have been a bit more robust but I did not want it that tight around the car, just cut to the cord to the required length to go under and over the car.

If you don't want to go over the car you can purchase Tarp Clip Clamps which allows the cord to just go under the car.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by G19; 06-11-2020, 09:57 AM.
                            Editor Round Up
                            2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
                            2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
                            1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by mach 1 69 View Post
                              Has any one purchased the Coverzone Stormforce car cover, i have read mixed reviews of these, is the Hamilton Classic with fleece lining better,
                              then also been advised not to cover the car at all if left outside.
                              I used a Stormforce cover for one year, the rain water just came straight through and it had big wear holes in it after a year. Changed to a classic editions cover and you can see the water beading off and the car has remained dry, cost a lot more though. Both covers caused the paint to microblister.

Comment

Working...
                              X