S550 lowering spring kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S550 lowering spring kit

S550 Eibach Pro- Kit. Rates Ford are selling this spring kit for 115 in their e bay shop. Free delivery. I ordered mine on Monday, arrived Wednesday. Fantastic price....

That’s a great price, I run the S197 equivalent, they look great, not sure why Ford don’t lower the car from factory as they don’t look right stock.
    2013-2016 2005 S197 V6 Coupe Black
    2017-2018 2007 S197 GT Coupe Tungsten
    2019-Current 2005 S197 GT Convertible Black

Comment

Same here with the S197. The lowering kit really improves the look of the wheels in the arches, especially the rear arches.
      Allan

Comment

Originally posted by Musti View Post
        That’s a great price, I run the S197 equivalent, they look great, not sure why Ford don’t lower the car from factory as they don’t look right stock.
        Yes but then they couldn't sell a load of aftermarket stuff if it was right from the factory.

Comment

Exactly that!

Comment

Yep. The aftermarket trade is the reason the exhausts are a bit on the quiet side for most, the wheels don't quite fill the arches, hence aftermarket alloys, spacers etc. It's all the automotive industry after all

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
              Yep. The aftermarket trade is the reason the exhausts are a bit on the quiet side for most, the wheels don't quite fill the arches, hence aftermarket alloys, spacers etc. It's all the automotive industry after all

On the S550, cannot say for earlier models, but the exhaust from the factory is quiet because that is legally the loudest it can be.

To be allowed to sell the cars officially in RHD form in Europe and the UK, manufacturers have to get the cars type approved.

All new cars sold from 2016 onwards can only legally have an exhaust that is maximum 74dB measured on a drive by test approaching the meter at 50km/h in 2nd then flooring it.

It is also illegal to modify/change any part of the exhaust to make it louder than factory level, (Construction and Use Regulations Violation)

Comment

Originally posted by Kona_Chris View Post

On the S550, cannot say for earlier models, but the exhaust from the factory is quiet because that is legally the loudest it can be.

To be allowed to sell the cars officially in RHD form in Europe and the UK, manufacturers have to get the cars type approved.

All new cars sold from 2016 onwards can only legally have an exhaust that is maximum 74dB measured on a drive by test approaching the meter at 50km/h in 2nd then flooring it.

It is also illegal to modify/change any part of the exhaust to make it louder than factory level, (Construction and Use Regulations Violation)
                Well, I’ve just fitted a Ford Performance axel back to my car and it’s certainly louder than factory! So i may get locked up before to long, been good knowing you all! On a serious note my S197 factory exhaust was quiet but much louder than the S550 so it makes sense what you’re saying. I only had my factory pipes fitted for 2 months awaiting my new ones to be delivered, I don’t think there’s many Mustangs of any generation running stock exhaust systems as they are too quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kona_Chris View Post
                  Tell that to the kids that go full bore past my house at 1am with their fart can exhausts. I've never heard of anyone being pulled with these things on their car and being made to retro fit std exhausts. To be honest if we were to follow every law in this country to the letter we may well find that we are not actually allowed to breath. It would be much better to have something about the use of loud exhausts - along the lines of where and when to "give it some beans"
                  Allan

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN R View Post

Tell that to the kids that go full bore past my house at 1am with their fart can exhausts. I've never heard of anyone being pulled with these things on their car and being made to retro fit std exhausts. To be honest if we were to follow every law in this country to the letter we may well find that we are not actually allowed to breath. It would be much better to have something about the use of loud exhausts - along the lines of where and when to "give it some beans"
                    Well your wishes are coming true as noise cameras are being trialled in London at the moment. If there is money to be made from them then expect them to role out across the country.
                    Cars do get pulled and served a notice (have to take it for a M|OT).
                    You shouldn't moan too much as it would be a slippery slope for all mods to be banned, actually many are but we all get away with them.
                    Oh yes, new cars will be fitted with speed restrictors so there will be no beans to give!

Comment

Originally posted by Anaconda View Post
                      Oh yes, new cars will be fitted with speed restrictors so there will be no beans to give!
                      I remember a system being trialed on "Tomorrows World" many years ago. I guess now with GPS and Sat Nav the car can know the speed limit of the road and that could easily be linked to the engine/car management system to prevent speeding. The issue is needing power to get out of a dodgy situation which becomes a safety issue and, like self driving cars who is actually legally responsible for the vehicle f the vehicle doesn't respond to driver input.
                      Allan

Comment

Working...
                      X