Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FORD UK Complaints?

Hi all,

I have had an issue with my Mustang which required a repair. I have been waiting for Ford since August to supply the parts to my repairer and was told a case officer would be in touch over a week ago following numerous email complaints and still nothing. No case officer. Nada.

I have found their support non-existent for a car I am still paying for and have not been able to drive for three months.

What is the best way to get a response and action from Ford UK?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Best,

Mac
    Mac

19 DHG Bullitt

Previously on Mac...

08 DHG Bullitt (sold with much regret)
    02 F150 Harley Davidson 100th Anniversary
    08 HSV Clubsport

Hi there. Sorry to hear your woes and issues.

I would dearly like to get involved and get a foot in the door for you, being on the inside (not in that area though). But I can't because it will show favouritism to one person when there might be a queue of you.

I know that is no consolation to you because why should you care about everyone else's problem ? The biggest issue right now is your problem! Not any one else. But I hope you understand that there probably is some pecking order. I'll just be shot down for that.

Right what can I suggest. Is the car new / newish ? Is it on finance ? Ford Credit finance ? Some of this is on your side if yes to all 3.

OK, when you state that parts are being delayed - warranty parts or parts that just a required to fix it ? So is this a warranty job or are you just waiting for delayed parts for a form of service/repair ?

Comment

The 2019 Bullitt was purchased brand new and is on Ford finance. The parts are for a repair to damage. One is a cable for the door.
      Mac

19 DHG Bullitt

Previously on Mac...

08 HSV Clubsport

Comment

OK, good. This is quite a good thing. Not saying it is 100% but there is dual interest in this motor.

Ford Credit have title to that motor and they would also wish that the customer is being treated fairly and satisfactorily. Clearly that is not the current case.

I would suggest you take it up with Ford Credit and just ask them what can be done, what levers they can pull, you are paying £xx per month and this is ridiculous that you are seeing nothing back for the £xx per month.

You could be cheeky - but probably will be met with bemusement followed by a "NO!" - but you could ask that whilst the car is off the road, could they sanction no further payments until is is brought back to you ?

Try it. After all, isn't that fair ? And no added interest for the payment delay.

OK, again, some news you won't want to hear. There are some issues with some of these motors and Ford Credit will help but if the obstacle is that the UK area is waiting for the US boat to arrive, you can see the issue. They won't probably just ship your parts alone - unless I am mistaken. They would want to fill up the boat.

I know, again, this is shocking, if it is the case. But I can see why that would cause some issue to Ford. It does seem an extraordinary amount of time you have been waiting!!

I hope some of that helps. This is not a good situation for you, I realise!!

Comment

Thanks, Daz. I am going to contact Ford Finance today and lodge my complaint. My repairer said I might not get my car until DECEMBER as Ford are not being helpful.
          Mac

19 DHG Bullitt

Previously on Mac...

08 HSV Clubsport

Comment

I would have thought that if you cannot use the car there would be some financial compensation. This sounds ridiculous. I think if you don't get an immediate way fwd from the Ford credit people then I would stop payments for the car until there is a resolution..
            Allan

Comment

No, no, no - don't unilaterally stop the payments please. That is the fast route to getting a black credit marker and then any loan / credit you want in the future is marked with the highest interest rate possible.

Tut, tut, tut.

Speak with Ford Credit and come to that agreement of how this is being dealt with. If you have their consent and agreement to stop the payments, then there is a dual party agreement in this.

Comment

So having recently had to return / reject a Mustang, I've had a lot of experience of both Ford UK and Ford Credit complaints procedures. (as well as local dealership)

Ford UK are pretty dire, not taking much involvement - but if you have your car with Ford Credit, it's good to use their complaints procedures to move everything else along. I found Ford Credit (keep paying !!) will fight your corner, other wise they end up with a duff car and you leveraging the Financial ombudsmen organisations against them. Compared to Trading Standards etc that you have to use for garages and Ford UK - the finance has a lot more clout.

Edit: Just to add Ford Credit were pretty good with me, but it is slow - mainly due to home working / numbers of days a week case handlers are working. Just ensure you keep a written log of all correspondence and its worth Cc'ing all the parties in the same email (Garage / Ford UK / Ford Credit).

Before long though you'll be so fed up going through security questions on the phone...
                Last edited by dpollard; 30-10-2020, 01:18 PM.
                2020 RHB Bullitt in Shadow BlackBullitt L0549
                Shadow Black
                RHD (2020)

Comment

Yes, this is great guidance coming from your experience.

The reason that Ford Credit care and the dealer / Ford not so much is because who has already seen all of their income and who hasn't. Who has an interest in the customer now and who doesn't.

Ford Credit actually own that motor. It's a little like the Section 75 Credit Card agreement - in a tenuous way.

Comment

Ford Credit sent me a letter essentially saying they have no responsibility because the car was subject to an accident rather than anything else. They’ve washed their hands of it and I still have no idea when I will get my car back.

Utter xxxx.
                    Mac

19 DHG Bullitt

Previously on Mac...

08 HSV Clubsport

Comment

Thinking laterally.

Exactly what cable is it that they can't get their hands on? Bullet specific? Would it be unacceptable to use a secondhand one as it may not be a part subject to wear?

There are certainly more than a couple being parted out on the usual auction site.

Your insurance company should work with you as they must be hemorrhaging money on a loan car.

Comment

No, the insurance company have saddled the repairer with the loan car obligation. It is the repairer’s car I am using.
                        Mac

19 DHG Bullitt

Previously on Mac...

08 HSV Clubsport

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
                          Thinking laterally.

Exactly what cable is it that they can't get their hands on? Bullet specific? Would it be unacceptable to use a secondhand one as it may not be a part subject to wear?

There are certainly more than a couple being parted out on the usual auction site.

Your insurance company should work with you as they must be hemorrhaging money on a loan car.
                          Exactly this, find a breaker pass the info on the repairer, they can buy it and charge it to the job.
                          We had a BMW X5 which waited 6 months for a part to get it back on the road.
                          We are finding (at work) that Ford are hopeless for parts at the moment, week for a wheel bearing for a Focus for example.

Comment

My repairer seemingly cannot find the required parts even via breakers. So far, I've received one call from Ford to tell me they still cannot obtain the parts. This is their "update." I still do not have my car or any end date in sight.
                            Mac

19 DHG Bullitt

Previously on Mac...

08 HSV Clubsport

Comment

What exactly do they need? I have seen S550s been broken on Ebay. I would have thought almost everything is available 2nd hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X