Ulez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulez

Being right on the boundary of the proposed new expansion of the ULEZ I am particularly interested to know if my Mustangs will have to pay. It appears from the ULEZ car checker that the 2010 4.6 S197 I have will be exempt but, on the car checker my 65 is not. I then read other articles that say that vehicle over 40 years old and/or registered Vehicles of Historic Interest (mine is) are exempt. It seems their advice and publications are a little conflicting. Has anyone studied this and can offer anything or pointers to articles/publications.

It is proposed by the Mayor that the extension will be implemented in August 2023 but I think there are still arguments over funding for cameras etc, so I am not really sure what is happening. It seems the Mayor is asking for lots of money for TFL from the government but they are not forthcoming and MP's are siting difficult economic times when another financial burden is inappropriate.
    Allan

If it's anything like up here in Manchester as soon as it begins to dawn on the average Joe what it really entails it'll become too much of hot potatoe (vote loser).

To be honest though the idea is to try and stop regular use of old diesels and very old cars so on both counts you should be okay.

Comment

Your '65 will classify as a Historic Vehicle Allan. My '66 is exempt.
      I was quite fortunate with my daily driver - my 2010 diesel Golf was written off insurance wise in a prang 2 months ago so I got the full book value for it. Wouldn't fancy selling a non-compliant car in London now.

Comment

Working...
      X