• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely, but holy smoke.....

..... That's a lot of money!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C237778

John
    sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

I bet theres not far off that in it John,resto costs being what they are!

Comment

Yes, to get that car to that standard will have cost a fortune but that sort of money for any Mustang causes me to take a sharp intake of breath.

John
      sigpic"You screamed and laughed when I got up and sang, then rode away in your white Mustang to your castle in the sand"

1992 5.0LX convertible

Comment

Originally posted by suzyfan View Post
        Yes, to get that car to that standard will have cost a fortune but that sort of money for any Mustang causes me to take a sharp intake of breath.

John
        I know the Shelbys are revered but I really think the standard 69' fastback is a much better looking looking car, especially the front end.

---1969 Sportsroof -----------------1986 GT-------------------1995 V6

Comment

That car was in the Bonham's auction at Goodwood last friday with an estimate of 85-95K.
          I do not know wether it sold or not.
          According to results lot 429 made 80,700

Allan
          Last edited by Jamo; 07-07-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

That is a hell of alot for a 69-70, they never commanded the huge money like the 65, 66 and 67 cars, The 68 GT500s also brought big money. these definitely got over 100k but not that much over, And I am talking in dollars. The 65 and 67s brought the stupid money, 250k USD plus. Many folks don't consider anything after the 67s "real" shelby cars as they were not as hand built as the later cars in his own wharehouse, was it at an airport? I loved the look of 68.5 GT500KR but it never was an enjoyable car to drive.

Peter
            Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
            We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Must agree with Clive, the standard build of a 69 is far nicer in my opinion than a Shelby.

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
              01992 890969..............07590 431511
              www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
              https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Comment

Working...
              X