No announcement yet.

classic car rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comedy show to be taken with a pinch of salt...
    Least another junker has been saved...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by big man View Post
      Comedy show to be taken with a pinch of salt...
      Very true............but I wish they'd just focus on the cars and leave out the contrived "arguing". Nearly all car shows are like this though, although my two favourites have much less.......Wrecks to Riches USA and Overhaulin', although the latter would be better for not having the pranks pulled on the marks.

I enjoyed last nights show for the cars alone.

And was I the only sad git that noticed that the 2013 Sterling Grey convertible went from a V8 GT with a saddle coloured interior and 5 spoke wheels to a V6 with a black interior and multi-spoke wheels? :-B

Comment

For entertainment value, my son and I watched it and enjoyed it, but.

The car was a 1 of 1 so:

They changed the paint colour ( awful paint full of orange peel )

The engine sounded to me like it was only running on 7 cylinders.

As already mentioned the smashed screen certainly wasn't from a 69 Mustang.

With the car being so rotten it's no wonder the doors don't align correctly, they had the car on a 2 post lift and didn't brace the car in any way shape or form, i would imagine the car is bent now lol.

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
        01992 890969..............07590 431511
        www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
        https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Comment

Laughable ! Tho I think it should have been on before the 6.0 clock news, with the kids programs !

They didnt say if the clock worked . . . . . .

Comment

I sent my text, I think the car is worth all of the 1.50 text charge :)
            Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

The problem is for shows like this they have to sex it up and create a bit if drama to appeal to the masses. Wheeler Dealers is far better although still highly staged with the actual deals and of course Ed working for days on end for no money but the work he does is great.

It is far too shouty though, proper annoying.

Comment

Rule 1 - never buy a convertible

Anyway, it's not their real job, they both work on the meat counter at Morrisons.

Comment

I like these shows and although ridiculous at times they are much better watching that Coronation street etc. If its about cars and restoration then they are worth watching just to see the cars and bits that are changed. I liked the overall look of the Grabber Blue Mustang and would love a properly restored replica of this.
                  2007 Mustang GT Coupe with Cobra Style Pack & Magnaflow.
                  Previous: 2008 Shelby GT-2007 Dodge Charger Daytona-2007 Shelby GT500

Comment

Well, I've spent/wasted 1.50 on a text.

Mind you, even if I was to win it, I'd probably struggle to sell it on, now that you lot have pointed out its obvious faults ;))

Phil......how much to put it right? Or fix it for free and we'll go 50/50 once it's sold :-bd

Comment

I wonder if it will come with MOT & registration docs ect ? Or if the 'Winner' will have to do it ? MOT . . .ha ha ha . . . good luck ! :-?

Comment

Yes, someone mentioned the electric clock which gave extra value being a one off. Did the clock disappear!

I don't think anyone mentioned whether or not it was a good idea to put Boss stickers on the side.

I suppose it is just an entertainment programme.

Comment

They said it was a "Boss 302 Clone" and had a 302 Motor....
                          2007 Mustang GT Coupe with Cobra Style Pack & Magnaflow.
                          Previous: 2008 Shelby GT-2007 Dodge Charger Daytona-2007 Shelby GT500

Comment

Originally posted by phil k View Post
                            For entertainment value, my son and I watched it and enjoyed it, but.

The car was a 1 of 1 so:

They changed the paint colour ( awful paint full of orange peel )

The engine sounded to me like it was only running on 7 cylinders.

As already mentioned the smashed screen certainly wasn't from a 69 Mustang.

With the car being so rotten it's no wonder the doors don't align correctly, they had the car on a 2 post lift and didn't brace the car in any way shape or form, i would imagine the car is bent now lol.

Phil
                            I thought the Lee Evans lookalike turning up to put a price on it was about right.

Comment

I watched the show last night, it is very contrived but then they all are.. The paint job on the car did not look all that , Its along way from the skills used in American hot rod,. but then the budget is a lot less. Still enjoyed it.
                              [sigpic

Comment

I think you've all listed in this thread the reasons why its being given away in a competition rather than sold!

Paul
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X