classic car rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 72Mach1 View Post
    I thought the Lee Evans lookalike turning up to put a price on it was about right.
    He sure knows his stuff:^o...as said a comedy show....;))
    sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it, just take it with a pinch of salt, these type programs aren't really intended for total petrol heads like us but more your normal viewer who's a bit interested in cars. It inspired me enough to do a good afternoons work on my Mach1 so can't be that bad.
      1970 Mach1
      Cleveland powered bacon finder.

Comment

Sadly , in Joe Public's eye, these cars are fully restored! Doesn't do the honest restorers any favours.

Comment

All said and done, would anyone not want to win it for the price of a text ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd View Post
            I'd have it like a shot.
            sigpic[SIGPIC]2008 GT V8. White Stang Man

Comment

I personally would rather have this and build a proper car from scratch and get it right first time.
              This car has sat in a field in my village for years and is still there this very minute.
              Should anyone be interested, I can, no doubt, find the owner.

Jamo

Last edited by Jamo; 16-10-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

allen i know where there is a 67 fastback been sat in garage for a year;))
                07 Cali special
                68 fastback
                75 grannycoupev8

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd View Post

It's not worth much more.

Everything they have done to "restore" the car needs doing again, properly.
                  Roo

'09 GT/CS Convertible

Comment

I can't get my head around the way they did all that structural work (badly sagged) without the outer panels on and guess work :-?

I obviously did a load of un-necessary work and worry when i did mine. Mine was in a similar state.

65 289 auto convertible SOLD
                    65 351 4 speed fastback
                    65 289 coupe
                    65 289 coupe

Comment

It'll end up on ebay, will if I win it anyway ;))
                      1967 White Convertible Auto ...... 1994 to 2004
                      2005 Redfire GT Manual......2008 to 2010
                      2010 Kona Blue GT Auto ...... 2010 to 2013

MOCGB #332 since 1994

Comment

Channel 5 Competition Terms & Conditions

Classic Car Rescue competitions

1. The car is provided ‘as is’ and no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, is made in relation to the car.

2. The car shall be delivered directly to the winner at an agreed date and time. Channel 5 endeavours to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of the draw. In the case of the Mustang and Cadillac it may take longer for delivery.

3. The car will be MOT’d and taxed in the UK according to DVLA requirements prior to the delivery to the prize winner. If the car is not MOT’d and taxed, Channel 5, at its discretion, may offer a cash alternative of up to £10,000.

4. Comprehensive Insurance is provided by Adrian Flux Insurance Services and covers the following:

•The classic car won in competition only
                        •Maximum amount allowed for the free insurance is a premium of £1,000
                        •The insurance will cover the prize winner only and is non-transferable. No cash alternative is available.
                        •The insurance will only be awarded subject to acceptable underwriting criteria being met. Please note a number of factors will be taken into account when assessing the prize winner’s application and the premium of up to £1,000 will be awarded at the discretion of Adrian Flux
                        •Adrian Flux reserve the right to feature the name and photo of the prize winner in future promotions
                        :Burnout :gears MUSTANG-MAD:gears :Burnout

https://foxresto.com

https://mustangmaniac.co.uk/ mustang maniac

http://youtu.be/ZSYGVPKpol0

Comment

Originally posted by Twin Turbo View Post
                          And was I the only sad git that noticed that the 2013 Sterling Grey convertible went from a V8 GT with a saddle coloured interior and 5 spoke wheels to a V6 with a black interior and multi-spoke wheels? :-B
                          Nope I spotted that too - but thought it too nerdy to mention.....

I have to watch on channel 5 on demand online a day after transmission. So bad it's become compulsive viewing.

Comment

[QUOTE=mustang-mad;472687]Channel 5 Competition Terms & Conditions

Classic Car Rescue competitions

3. The car will be MOT’d and taxed in the UK according to DVLA requirements prior to the delivery to the prize winner. If the car is not MOT’d and taxed, Channel 5, at its discretion, may offer a cash alternative of up to £10,000. {/QUOTE]

Wonder if they'll let me inspect if first, when I win :-s

If not, I'll just take the £10k $-)

Comment

Channel 5 Online Deman

Originally posted by Mykap View Post
                              I have to watch on channel 5 on demand online a day after transmission. So bad it's become compulsive viewing.
                              I tried that last night. The Channel 5 On Demand service is as bad as the show. It took me 50 minutes to get through 15 minutes of the program. It kept stalling and everytime you tried to refresh the page it took you back to 5 minutes of adverts. It must have been built by Bernie..... In the end I gave up, posted an abusive comment on their bulletin board and went to bed. The 15 minutes I did see were so awful I don't think I will bother trying again.

S.
                              67 Sports Sprint Coupe

Comment

Just starting again channel 5
                                Andy

PRESENT
                                12 VW CC GT :-s

PAST
                                03/04 Cobra Sonic Blue
                                95 GT Convert Laser Red clearcoat
                                98 V6 Coupe Atlantic Metallic Blue

Comment