S197 NEW Airbag recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S197 NEW Airbag recall

So, I see Ford have issued an 05-14 Airbag recall for drivers AND passenger airbags. Where do we stand with that as UK owners?

Article:
    https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...r-recalls.html

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...call/index.htm

Vehicles affected:
    Vehicles recalled for driver side inflators

2005-2014 Ford Mustang
    2005-2006 Ford GT
    2004-2006 Ford Ranger built in North America

Vehicles recalled for passenger side inflators

2005-2011 Ford Mustang
    2005-2006 Ford GT
    2004-2011 Ford Ranger built in North America
    2006-2011 Ford Fusion
    2007-2010 Ford Edge

2006 Lincoln Zephyr
    2007-2011 Lincoln MKZ
    2007-2010 Lincoln MKX

2006-2011 Mercury Milan
    Driving the dream. '06 S197 and '71 Mach 1 Retro-mod

'06 - Bama Race V2 tune, Custom twin 4 inch Carbon tipped exhaust system, Stoptech Brake pads, Metallic Orange striping. Pypes stainless shorty headers, Magnaflow ceramic high-flow cats, Hotrod Cams (coming xmas '16), Prothane front, rear and drop link anti-roll bar poly bushes, Ford KR suspension with GT500 top mounts, Tein Htech Gold Lowering Springs, BMR rear Lower Control Arms. BAMA retune, MMD retro mirrors, engine parts hydro-dipped. Roush bonnet scoop, Lower front valance CDC spoiler, GT500 rear spoiler, California special side scoops, Rear quarter window slated vents, Ultra bright headlight, sidelight, foglight bulbs, Airaid Induction kit, Chrome underbonnet strut brace, GT Engine cover, Velocity 20 inch wheels,

For the SN95 Handbrake recall affecting 1994 onward Mustangs Ford UK did facilitate repairs on Mustangs imported into the UK. My dealer handled it all. And my 94 Pace car has the modified handbrake assembly.

For S197 owners I would suggest you contact your local Ford Dealer, to see what happens next.

Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
    1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
    1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Comment

Yep, will pop down there tomorrow then, cheers.

'06 - Bama Race V2 tune, Custom twin 4 inch Carbon tipped exhaust system, Stoptech Brake pads, Metallic Orange striping. Pypes stainless shorty headers, Magnaflow ceramic high-flow cats, Hotrod Cams (coming xmas '16), Prothane front, rear and drop link anti-roll bar poly bushes, Ford KR suspension with GT500 top mounts, Tein Htech Gold Lowering Springs, BMR rear Lower Control Arms. BAMA retune, MMD retro mirrors, engine parts hydro-dipped. Roush bonnet scoop, Lower front valance CDC spoiler, GT500 rear spoiler, California special side scoops, Rear quarter window slated vents, Ultra bright headlight, sidelight, foglight bulbs, Airaid Induction kit, Chrome underbonnet strut brace, GT Engine cover, Velocity 20 inch wheels,

Comment

Larry kindly posted up a link on here before mate which was a good thread I'll try and find. I tried to do it and the UK recall isn't out yet they told me and to keep checking the UK website...
        Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

Found it...

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthre...Air-Bag-Update

That's the latest out of the two mate...
          Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original

Comment

That's good to know thank you. I shall still pop down there tomorrow and get them in gear.....being the arse-end of England, things need kick-starting!

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy-22 View Post
              That's good to know thank you. I shall still pop down there tomorrow and get them in gear.....being the arse-end of England, things need kick-starting!
              it's only been on here for the last 3 years

:((

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthre...=airbag+recall

Comment

Originally posted by LJBrowny View Post
                Larry kindly posted up a link on here before mate which was a good thread I'll try and find. I tried to do it and the UK recall isn't out yet they told me and to keep checking the UK website...
                Lee
                my contact is willing to get hold of the part for people, but than you would have to pay to have it fitted, where if the garage gets it, than they will fit it for free
                I was told, that letters will be going out to UK owners, but i suppose the US comes 1st. and there are a few S197s out in the US
                I am happy to speak to my mate if you want to get the part fitted yourself
                thanks

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGooner View Post
                  it's only been on here for the last 3 years

:((

http://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthre...=airbag+recall
                  Don't get on here that much

Comment

Spoke with my local Ford garage and was told I would have to go to a Ford Store as they can't do Mustang as a Ford retailer
                    sigpic
                    objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

Comment

OH, I forgot to update...
                      See here: The first 4 mins of the video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k79CFb_kZvw

Comment

I had a letter many months ago about the 'same' recall on our 2008 Toyota (which is a standard UK vehicle), saying basically they'll get in touch when parts are available. Nothing more since, so it's not just Ford who have a long waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by mikesh View Post
                          I had a letter many months ago about the 'same' recall on our 2008 Toyota (which is a standard UK vehicle), saying basically they'll get in touch when parts are available. Nothing more since, so it's not just Ford who have a long waiting list.
                          There are millions of vehicles effected globally.
                          Roo

'09 GT/CS Convertible

Comment

Your video is wrong, maybe if you would have asked me, or checked on the search on here, before you done one of your daft video's you would have seen. Why is this obsession with people wanting to be on video, 15 seconds of fame
                            I have been doing video's for years, I used to work for the Slice of SciFi website go to events and launches and post video's of the film or launch, now do work for film companies, and I have never put myself on the video. I put images and screenshots of the event or the film, it's not about me

someone got injured around 4 years ago, that is why there is a Recall.
                            I have posted on here that If people want to get the part than my source will get the part, but you will have to pay for it and to have it fitted. Or you can wait for the letter to arrive from Ford and get it done for free
                            It's taken years for Ford to redesign the part,
                            and google works quite well also

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...7j0l4.8398j0j8

PS
                            my source just said you are a Plonker

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way but, the recall on the Mustang airbag is, currently, for cars supplied by the manufacturer in the cars domestic market.

What response were you hoping to get from a franchised dealer, ie nothing to do with the manufacturer (and that's before you differentiate between Ford US and Ford Europe), in a completely different part of the world where the car was never sold?
                              Roo

'09 GT/CS Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X