S197 NEW Airbag recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roo View Post
    Seeing you pop up on here has just reminded me that the left mouse button my laptop needs replacing.

Any recommendations for where I can get it done.
    think I need the popcorn, need cheering up, :-(

Comment

I called Ford at Guildford today.
      Was told they can't do the recall and advised me to contact in their words a garage in Byfleet,
      I called Bill Shepard and left a message, not had a return call yet.

Any one else had any luck getting answers?

Comment

Bill Shepard Mustang told me we have to get the parts ourselves and pay to have em fitted. WRONG

The facts from the horses mouth (FORD UK) so to speak.

Ford UK are aware of the problems re airbags on imported stangs, as and when they have the parts etc, no time scale ATM, Ford UK/DVLA will contact all owners to get the cars booked in and sorted.

Comment

Yep, but you can jump the queue, if u are willing to pay. I mean it's total madness it's taken nearly 4 years to get it sorted. So who knows how much longer it will take for the UK imports to get the parts.
          If it was me, I would buy the part and get it fitted at my next service.
          It will work out cheaper than a tank of petrol and then you have piece of mind

Comment

Article on Radio2 this afternoon about these explosive and life threatening detonators! I guess Ford or DVSA will contact us in due course....I'm not holding my breath though
            Chris

2006 GT Premium, Roush TVS 2300 Supercharged;

Comment

I have just called Ford USA and they went through in detail all the information and safety recall on my car. They have told me the Drivers and Passenger Inflator will need replacing and this will be undertaken by our local Ford UK dealer. I double checked this with them and they referred it to a supervisor who confirmed Ford UK dealer will do it. There may be a current supply issue with the passenger side but it is in the system.
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Basher View Post
                .I'm not holding my breath though
                You only need to do that just before the airbag goes off :P

Comment

Originally posted by Basher View Post
                  I have just called Ford USA and they went through in detail all the information and safety recall on my car. They have told me the Drivers and Passenger Inflator will need replacing and this will be undertaken by our local Ford UK dealer. I double checked this with them and they referred it to a supervisor who confirmed Ford UK dealer will do it. There may be a current supply issue with the passenger side but it is in the system.
                  interesting - I wonder what our Farnborough Service dept will say ? I'll get Janine to ask when she takes the S-Max in next week for it's Service/MOT.

2009 4.6V8 GT Premium, Eibach Springs, BMR UCA and LCA, Pypes Violators, Black S550 Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Night Hawk View Post
                    interesting - I wonder what our Farnborough Service dept will say ? I'll get Janine to ask when she takes the S-Max in next week for it's Service/MOT.
                    You will unlikely get anywhere as I have spent the afternoon ringing around dealers who appear happy to help until you give them the VIN and they tell me that the computer says NOT LISTED because it is an import so can't help. I have started a profile process with Ford UK who are going to look into how they can rectify this and with what dealers. I have expressed my worry that this is a safety issue and people have been killed in the USA and they have appointed me a case manager who will call me tomorrow with some kind of action plan
                    Chris

Comment

This sounds promising.

Comment

Update

Ford Case Manager failed to call me so I chased them up this morning. It took me 2.5 hours to get someone to answer the phone but we got there in the end.

They tell me that my case has been acknowledged and I now have a case number. The next step, I should receive a letter from Ford informing me of the Safety Recall and to keep in touch with my local Ford dealer to see when stock is available for them to fit the driver and passenger inflators. Sounds great until you call the Ford Dealer and they say they have not got the relevant computer systems to plug into my car to reset things as the US VIN does not register their end.

I will await the letter and then push forward with a Ford owned dealer and not a franchised one.

Telephone number for anyone else who wants to register their car is 0203 564 4444
                        Chris

Comment

I recently visited my local Ford dealer for an unrelated matter and they "automatically" raised a job sheet and ordered the parts for the airbag update. A date was then set in the diary, and I look forward to them doing it in July, free of charge!
                          sigpic 2014 GT 5.0L V8 Convertible
                          Eibach PRO-KIT springs

Comment

Originally posted by airshod View Post
                            I recently visited my local Ford dealer for an unrelated matter and they "automatically" raised a job sheet and ordered the parts for the airbag update. A date was then set in the diary, and I look forward to them doing it in July, free of charge!
                            That's good to know.
                            Chris

Comment

This sounds promising.

Comment

3 years on and still no further movement on the passenger airbag recall fix.
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X