Using Flickr to post photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Flickr to post photos

I have always used Flickr to host my photos and with the problems on other sites and a few other members asking how to post from Flickr I have put together a quick guide which might help those of you who do not use Flickr. To open a Flickr account please see the following link

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN12061.html

Once you have an account you can save photos to albums.

Open the album or just click on the photo you wish to share.

You may need to click on BB code on the share box if not already selected.

Paste the copied code from Flickr onto either a new post or existing post on the forum.

You can then preview your post and it will show your photo plus details of the photo. You can tidy up the photo by deleting the highlighted text.

That should just leave you with a photo and for you to be able to add your comments as normal.
    Editor Round Up
    2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
    2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
    1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Size

To give you an idea on size this photo is large 1024x685

Editor Round Up

Comment

Very helpful - thanks
      Current Mustang Red 1965 Coupe - Previous Mustangs 2008 S197, 1965 Coupe

Comment

That's great instructions Steve. Thanks. May try this.

Comment

Excellent littlt guide

I also use Flickr for my photos, the only difference when I do it, is I delete everything except for the {img} {/img} part but looking at your example, I don't need to... lol
          1998 - 4.6L V8 - Manual Box - Ford Mustang - Now Sold

Replaced With

2001 - 5.4L V8 - Auto - F150 Extended Cab StepSide 4x4

Comment

Nice

A handy and concise guide - got to be useful.

Photobucket can be a pain at times, particularly now they have restricted the posting of links unless users pay $5.99 a month. Sorry to repeat it, since it's probably been caned to death elsewhere on this forum ... :-o

Phill
            "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones" John Cage, American composer.
            2007 Shelby Mustang GT500, black, extensive mods.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I've created a new 'Sticky' in 'General Discussion' pointing to this thread.
              Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

Nice one Steve, :D

Comment

Originally posted by Gazza51 View Post
                  Thanks for the info, I've created a new 'Sticky' in 'General Discussion' pointing to this thread.
                  Thanks Gary. Good to know for easy reference in future.

Comment

Great info, thanks Steve.

Dumb question I know but do you know how to do it from an ipad?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliSpecial View Post

It's up to you Andy, but I use the Google photo Ap. Quick to download, very easy to use, take a look at the photos I've shared. Each set took less than 5 minutes to upload from the iPad, create the "share" link and post it on the forum. Doubt there is anything quicker but to be fair there might be better sites. I'm happy with Google though. It does what it says on the tin��

As far as I know, Flickr has an Ap for iPad also if you look in the Ap Store?
                      Last edited by mick the hat; 30-07-2017, 07:23 PM.
                      . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

Comment

Flickr on iPad

Originally posted by CaliSpecial View Post

Not a dumb question at all - I would suggest trying to access your Flickr account via Safari instead of the Flickr app and you should then be able to follow the same instructions.
                        Editor Round Up

Comment

Originally posted by mick the hat View Post
                          It's up to you Andy, but I use the Google photo Ap. Quick to download, very easy to use, take a look at the photos I've shared. Each set took less than 5 minutes to upload from the iPad, create the "share" link and post it on the forum. Doubt there is anything quicker but to be fair there might be better sites. I'm happy with Google though. It does what it says on the tin��

As far as I know, Flickr has an Ap for iPad also if you look in the Ap Store?
                          Thanks Mick, good advice.

Originally posted by G19 View Post
                          Not a dumb question at all - I would suggest trying to access your Flickr account via Safari instead of the Flickr app and you should then be able to follow the same instructions.
                          Of course! Bloody obvious when you think about it! Thanks again Steve.

Comment

Doesn't work for me - I want to retain my normal email address, but can't sign up to flickr with it. Tried the sign in page, entering my 'btinternet.com' email and it keeps telling me to setup a yahoo account. I really don't need yet another account just for this.
                            Could be a Mac thing, but don't see how...

Comment

Originally posted by rsk289 View Post
                              Doesn't work for me - I want to retain my normal email address, but can't sign up to flickr with it. Tried the sign in page, entering my 'btinternet.com' email and it keeps telling me to setup a yahoo account. I really don't need yet another account just for this.
                              Could be a Mac thing, but don't see how...
                              Suggest you try Imgur.
                              Found it easy on desktop and very similar to Flikr to use

Comment

Working...
                              X